|12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun|
10 per pellet, 7 pellets fired per shot
|Maximum Ammunition held||
100 (Normal, Hard, Serious, and Mental), 200 (Tourist and Easy)
The 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun is a weapon in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
"A single-barreled 12 Gauge pump action shotgun. Standard issue military equipment. Ordinary slug pellets are efficient for short and middle range elimination of smaller enemies. Pump-action mechanism guarantees excellent durability and high reliability. Albeit at the expense of low fire rate. Standard 10 shell cartridge allows for faster reloading and faster overall average rate of fire."
The pump-action shotgun functions almost identically to its previous incarnations, with the exception that this shotgun must be reloaded after it has expended its ten round magazine. Its pellet spread allows it to only hit things from point-blank, to medium ranged. It remains much more accurate at range than the Double Barrel Coach Gun, so it is a better choice for ranged shooting than the former. It is as powerful as previous incarnations, each pellet deals ten points of damage, making a maximum total of 70 damage if all pellets connect.
- The shotgun's relatively fast rate of fire and somewhat-low spread makes it handy against weak enemies, such as the Beheaded Rocketeer or the Cloned Rifleman. Even groups of them can be cleared out quickly thanks to its good rate of fire.
- It is usually too weak to use against anything more powerful than the Kleer Skeleton unless the player is forced to use it, such as in the boss fights against the Adult Arachnoid and Major Biomechanoid or the Sirian Werebull miniboss. However even after that, with proper cover, it can (and without secrets, must) be used to fight against single Adult Arachnoids in early levels.
- This is an excellent weapon to use against Aurigan Cave Demons. Their health is low enough that one or two shots will easily kill it, the spread is low enough that it can hit a Cave Demon at medium or close range with ease, and it's rate of fire is fast enough that it's possible to squeeze out a second shot quickly if one shot doesn't kill it.
- Make sure to reload often. 10 shots can be burned through quickly if the player isn't paying attention, it is a good idea to tactically reload.
- The 12 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun is modeled after the Remington 870MCS Tactical , however, much like the Korean Hawk 97-2 shotgun, it is magazine-fed instead of tube-fed.
- The magazine holds 10 shells in the game, but realistically, the magazine's size is only just big enough to hold 3-4 shells.
- The 12 Gauge Pump Action Shotgun's iron sights resemble the M1014's iron sights.
- Despite being a 12-Gauge gun, the weapon's magazine receiver sports a label for 5.56x45 NATO rounds.
|Name and Icon||Description||Notes|
|Up Close and Personal||Gib 20 enemies from close range with a shotgun.||Doesn't matter if with a Single or Double Barreled Coach Gun, but best done with a Single Barreled Shotgun against small enemies, such as Rocketeers and Soldiers.|