The Automatic Shotgun 24, commonly referred to as the Devastator, is an automatic shotgun that fires explosive rounds, which can pierce through weak enemies and multiple targets.
Being an automatic shotgun, the Devastator does not need to be cocked every time a round is fired, unlike the pump-action shotgun. It can carry up to 20 rounds of high-piercing, high explosive grenades, which come in drum magazines.
The Devastator's rounds travel at a much faster speed than the XPML21 Rocket Launcher, allowing them to be used effectively at a further distance, aim compensation is still required as the rounds do not hit instantly. Despite its visual appearance, it actually has a magazine capacity of 20 rounds.
"Automatic Shotgun 24 is often called "Devastator", because of the effects it produces on the battlefield when fired continuously for a longer time. Original Maxwell Atchission was heavily modified over the years. It now allows muzzle velocities with such force that the rounds literally pierce through smaller targets. Standard cartridges contain high-piercing heavy-explosive (HPHE) rounds that pierce smaller obstacles along the way and deliver fragmentation damage on impact with larger targets."
- The Devastator is extremely effective against Technopolip helicopters, as it can take one down in about five hits and its projectiles move fast enough that the helicopter can't dodge. It also works very well against Major Bio-mechanoids and Scrapjacks at long distances.
- The Devastator is somewhat effective against Khnums, but it takes at least 10 shots to kill them. Therefore, it is best to first fire a fully charged cannonball at the Khnum, and then finish it off with the Devastator.
- It is very effective against hordes of common enemies, such as Kleer Skeletons, Cloned Riflemen, Beheaded Kamikazes and Beheaded Rocketeers, as the projectile fired from the Devastator can pierce through several enemies.
|Pierce 5 enemies with one Devastator round.|
- The Devastator sometimes has a very large, but weak splash damage range when compared to the rocket launcher. Even if the player is at a normal safe distance a rocket can explode, the Devastator shell explosion may still afflict the player, and deliver a very negligible amount of damage.
- When Jones cocks his Devastator in the opening cutscene, no animation is seen of him doing this, just a cocking sound is heard.
- The AS-24 Devastator is a possible nod to the Devastator in Duke Nukem 3D.
- If the Serious Digital edition was purchased, players are given access to a limited exclusive DLC, which adds a sniper scope onto the Devastator, however, in the Xbox 360 version of the game, the scope comes by default.
- The rounds used for the Devastator inside the drum magazine are round in shape, but when fired from the gun, they look like rockets.
List of appearances Edit
- Serious Sam 3: BFE (First appearance)
- Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE