The Beheaded Rocketeer appears as a headless man suited wearing a purple T-shirt (Blue in Xbox). He holds a gun in one hand, and his head in the other.
The Rocketeer is an executed Sirian soldier, raised from the dead by Mental, and controlled with a "Life Control Unit" (LCU). A Rocketeer is equipped with a magic missile launcher in one hand, and holds its head in the other, which is used to obtain visual and sound data. In Serious Sam HD, the Rocketeer's has a saw on their necks which is used for melee combat. They holds the launcher with their left hand and their head with the right.
In The First Encounter, Beheaded Rocketeers usually appear in small to mid-sized groups. Most of them are encountered in the first half of the game, often serving as bait so stronger enemies can attack. In The Second Encounter, outside a few areas (particularly in the Tower of Babel), they're much less numerous and are usually replaced by Zorg Mercenaries, especially from the third level onward.
The Rocketeer fires a magical missile that does minimal damage, and takes time to reach its target, making them easy to dodge. They have very low health, and can be easily killed with any weapon in the game. They are essentially cannon-fodder, even at high difficulty levels.
In Serious Sam HD, the Rocketeer has a buzz-saw attached to his neck, and will use it if the player approaches too close.
Rocketeers are immune to projectiles fired by other Beheaded Rocketeers.
- Their projectiles can be avoided by sidestepping or jumping.
- Small groups can easily be dispatched with the one or two Schofields. Using anything stronger than the 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun against them is an outright waste of ammo.
- Large groups can be dispatched with any weapon with ease. Although the M1-A2 Thompson Submachine Gun or the XM-214-A Minigun is recommended for these situations.
- In Serious Sam HD, attempting to kill a Rocketeer with a melee weapon is slightly more dangerous, due to the buzz-saw inflicting higher damage than the missile launcher.
- The player should be aware that Rocketeers might serve as traps, especially in higher difficulty levels. A single Rocketeer might be mixed with other enemies. When killed, much stronger enemies will spawn. An example of this is seen in Sand Canyon on Serious Difficulty.
- The Beheaded Rocketeer is a low-priority target due to how little damage it does, and how easy the projectiles are to dodge.
- However, like Fireracker's they will can become potential threat when the player has a low amount of health.
- In Test 1, the Rocketeer's has a slightly different skin and a different model for their Magic Missile launchers.