The Cloned Rifleman is an enemy in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
"Cybernetically modified clone of human soldier. It is conditioned to blindly attack designated targets. Implanted LCU augments the organic brain and controls high-level functions to obey orders received from Mental's headquarters. Added sensors enable it to see in the dark and fog. Most parts of the skin have been damaged by acid and high temperature, presumably during implantation and other manufacturing processes. Carries standard issue assault rifle, as used by human forces. Effective at great distances."
Cloned Riflemen are one of the most common humanoid enemies encountered in Serious Sam 3. As their name implies, this variety wields the M29 Infantry Assault Rifle, resulting in them occasionally dropping their weapons when killed, which can supply small amounts of assault rifle bullets. Their attack pattern is unique among all of the enemies in the game, as it depends on their range. At long range, they will fire three rounds before stopping, at medium range they will fire five rounds, and at close range will fire 15 rounds before stopping. Cloned soldiers will also deliver a strong kick if the player is in very close proximity to one.
Unlike their shotgun wielding brethren, these soldiers are not handicapped by a weapon which shortens their effective attack range. Though riflemen can attack accurately at long distances, a single rifleman's attacks are weak, but they are seldom encountered alone. A group of riflemen coupled with shotgunners, can be an effective suppressive force despite low damage per shot.
- The 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun is very effective against one or two Riflemen. One shot can often kill two in one shot at close or medium range.
- At long range, the M29 Infantry Assault Rifle works very well. Three or so shots from the Assault Rifle will kill a Rifleman in one shot. However, iron sights are needed to aim accurately at this range. Otherwise, there's a chance that a bullet or two will miss.
- The player can perform two melee attacks against a cloned soldier, both depend on the player's currently equipped weapon. When the player is using any shotgun (excluding the AS-24 Devastator), or the SOP38 Pistol, they will kick the soldier a short distance, temporarily preventing him from firing at the player. If the player is wielding anything else, the player will break the soldier's neck, instantly killing him.
- Multiple Riflemen can be taken out with either the Assault Rifle or the XPML21 Rocket Launcher. The Assault Rifle can quickly wipe them out, while the Rocket Launcher can kill multiple Rifleman with one rocket, especially if the rocket is positioned so that it hits a Rifleman in or near the middle of a group of them.
- Their threat depends on the range they're encountered. At long or medium range, they fire too few bullets and often miss so they are not a serious threat. Therefore, they are generally a low priority target. However, at close range, they fire their guns in a large, 15-round burst, making them very dangerous. At close range, they should be considered a high priority target and removed before they can inflict significant damage on the player. In harder difficulties, they should be much higher priority targets.
- Their bullets are very fast, but it's possible to dodge them by sprinting to the side.
The tell-tale signs of a clone solider can be heard verbally:
"Uhhguhh" (zombie-like moan stating that the enemy is in idle).
"Eerrrggh" (hostile response when it sees the player).
The below list shows how many of this enemy type appears in each game, per difficulty and either single or co-op mode.
|Games||Tourist, Easy and Normal Single Player||Hard and Mental single player||Serious Difficulty single player||Tourist, Easy and Normal Co-op||Hard and Mental Co-Op||Serious Co-Op|
|Serious Sam 3: BFE||258||258||258||261||261||261|
|Name and Icon||Description||Notes|
|Chiropractor||Break 10 Soldier necks.||Doesn't matter if the Soldier is a Shotgunner or Rifleman.|
|Kung-fu Fighter||Perform all possible finishing moves in the game.||Rip a Gnaar's eye out, a Rocketeer's heart out, a Kleer's head off, a Scrapjack's face off, a Juvenile Spider's head off and squash a Hatchling Spider and break a Soldier's neck.|