Cloned Soldiers are clones of human soldiers who have been cybernetically altered by Mental's technology, and serve as the basic infantry units of his forces. Slightly more armored and equipped with standard military issue equipment, this makes them more formidable opponents than Beheaded Rocketeers, though less of a threat than Beheaded Kamikazes or Kleer Skeletons.
Cloned Soldiers are the remains of human soldiers, possibly Earth Defense Force soldiers, who fought against Mental's forces during the war on Earth. These soldiers were most likely captured or KIA and then cybernetically modified to suit Mental's needs.
They wear standard-issue camo body armor, and, like executed Sirian soldiers, have implanted Life Control Units, which augments their brain and controls most high-level functions, as well as to receive and obey orders from Mental's headquarters. These soldiers have also gone through significant cybernetic modifications or enhancements, as shown by the metal plating that covers most of the forehead, with four red mechanical eyes which act as sensors. These sensors allow soldiers to see in the dark or in foggy conditions.
Cloned Soldiers also have damaged skin, which was presumably caused by acid or high temperatures during manufacturing processes. They have also been stripped of most human emotion and/or intelligence. As a result, they are limited to blindly attack specific targets, such as Sam.
Cloned Soldiers wield shotguns and assault rifles, as used by human forces. Using these standard-issue weapons, Cloned Soldiers usually work in squads in two to six, with each squad containing both shotgunners and riflemen. During combat, soldiers will make use of cover, often crouching behind sandbags or hiding behind walls, occasionally coming out of cover to fire at the player.
Despite the manufacturing and implanted processes they have gone through, Cloned soldiers still retain some human characteristics. For instance, they still feel pain and flinch when they have been injured or shot, but they don't always let this hinder their performance, and will still continue to shoot at a target, even when their health is low. After a soldier has been shot, they will occasionally limp or crawl on the ground for a certain amount of time before dying, as if trying to get away from the battle or to receive medical assistance from their comrades, though soldiers are actually never seen doing so.
In combat, Cloned Soldiers fire their weapons with somewhat poor accuracy, though they can deliver many rounds of bullets to a non-moving target. The amount of damage soldiers can take before dying varies with the difficulty level the game is being played on. If a hostile soldier is at point blank range, they will perform a melee attack by kicking the player.
When not engaging targets, cloned soldiers occasionally patrol the streets areas of Cairo, in slums, or anywhere else where Mental deploys them. They occasionally make inhuman grunts or groaning sounds when idle. In urban areas, soldiers will hide behind walls or sandbags, sometimes coming out of hiding and aiming down the sights of their weapons, waiting for anyone to approach so they can ambush the target.
Cloned soldiers come with three variants; the Cloned Rifleman, Cloned Shotgunner, and Cloned Sniper. The Cloned Sniper only appears in Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope.
Cloned Riflemen wield the M29 Infantry Assault Rifle, which can be deadly at close range and cause some damage at medium-long distances. Unlike their shotgun wielding brethren, these soldiers are not handicapped by a weapon which shortens their effective attack range. Though Riflemen can fire accurately at long distances, a single Rifleman's attacks are weak, but they are seldom encountered alone. A group of Riflemen coupled with Shotgunners can be an effective suppressive force despite low damage per shot.
The Cloned Shotgunner exclusively wields the 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun, which is deadly at close range, but less effective at medium to far distances. The pellets from their gun tend to spread, making them less dangerous the farther away they are from their target. As Shotgunners have to pump the shotgun each time they fire, there is a slight delay between shots, which can allow the player to take cover quickly in a firefight.
NETRISCA description Edit
"Cybernetically modified clone of human soldier. It is conditioned to blindly attack designated targets. Implanted LCU augments the organic brain and controls high-level functions to obey orders received from Mental's headquarters. Added sensors enable it to see in the dark and fog. Most parts of the skin have been damaged by acid and high temperature, presumably during implantation and other manufacturing processes."
- The pump-action shotgun is very effective against one or two soldiers. One shot can often kill two in one shot at close or medium range.
- At long range, the M29 assault rifle works very well. Three or so shots from the assault rifle will kill a Rifleman in one shot. However, iron sights are needed to aim accurately at this range. Otherwise, there's a chance that a bullet or two will miss.
- The SOP38 Pistol can dispatch Cloned Soldiers with ease, as long as the player is looking down the iron sights if the soldiers are at a further distance. At close range, the player can fire at them without having to look down the sights. Two or three shots will kill a Cloned Soldier, depending on the difficulty.
- The player can perform two melee attacks against a cloned soldier, both depend on the player's currently equipped weapon. When the player is using any shotgun (excluding the AS-24 Devastator), or the pistol, they will kick the soldier a short distance, temporarily preventing him from firing at the player. If the player is wielding anything else, Sam will break the soldier's neck, instantly killing him.
- When paired with other enemies, a Shotgunner's threat depends on how close they are to the player. If they're at medium or long range, they can be ignored because of how little damage their guns will do. However, at close range, they are very dangerous because most, if not all, of their pellets will connect at close range. Therefore, they should be taken out immediately.
- Multiple soldiers can be taken out with either the assault rifle or the XPML21 Rocket Launcher. The assault rifle can quickly wipe them out, while the rocket launcher can kill multiple Rifleman with one rocket, especially if the rocket is positioned so that it hits a soldier in or near the middle of a group of them.
- A Rifleman's threat depends on the range they're encountered. At long or medium range, they fire too few bullets and often miss so they are not a serious threat. Therefore, they are generally a low priority target. However, at close range, they fire their guns in a large, 15-round burst, making them very dangerous. At close range, they should be considered a high priority target and removed before they can inflict significant damage on the player. In harder difficulties, they should be much higher priority targets.
- Their bullets are very fast, but it's possible to dodge them by sprinting to the side.
|Break 10 soldier necks.|
|Perform all finishing moves in the game.|
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam 3: BFE (First appearance)
- Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE
- Serious Sam VR: The Last Hope
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass