The Double-Barrel Shotgun is a shotgun that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter. It is the only shotgun that appears in the game.
The double-barrel shotgun is a side-by-side double barreled shotgun that fires a spread of pellets at a target. Both barrels at once when the fire key is hit. If a point-blank shot is achieved, it can do significant damage to anything except the largest enemies. However, the weapon is automatically reloaded after each shot, making the user vulnerable for a brief period between shots.
The shotgun has a large pellet spread that makes the weapon less effective at range.
AMMO: 12 Gauge Shells
RATE OF FIRE: Two shells, pump reload
With its high impact shells, this twin barreled shotgun is an essential part of an action hero's arsenal. Used up close it will turn many an alien opponent into Swiss Cheese.
- Do not use the double-barrel shotgun at long range. It will do little or no damage to an enemy.
- The double-barrel can one-hit kill multiple weak enemies if they are clustered together. This makes it a great alternative to the Shofield Uzi Pistols or the XOP Gas Gun if ammo is tight for those weapons.
- The shotgun can one-hit kill enemies with a medium amount of health, such as the Minor Bio-mechanoid and the Warrior.
- This weapon is useful in a pinch against enemies with a large amount of health that are close to the player, such as the Major Bio-mechanoid, as each point-blank shot appears to be the equivalent of a rocket to the face minus the splash damage.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)