|Double Barrel Coach Gun|
10 per pellet, 14 pellets fired per shot
|Maximum Ammunition held||
100 (Normal, Hard, Serious, and Mental), 150 (Tourist and Easy)
The Double Barrel Coach Gun is a weapon in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
The Double Barrel Coach Gun is a side-by-side double-barrelled shotgun originally marketed for both hunting and self-defense. However, with the arrival of Mental, it has become a handy anti-alien weapon.
Originally a civilian weapon used for hunting and self-defense, it has proven to be effective against many aliens in Mental's ranks. It's 12 Gauge shells excel at point blank range however, bullet spread greatly limits mid to long range effectiveness.
It behaves exactly like the it's classic counterpart; it fires both barrels at once, but the gun is automatically reloaded afterwards. Each shot fires 14 pellets who's spread forms a large, rectangular shape.
"Standard civilian double-barreled 12 Gauge shotgun. Originally marketed for hunting and self-defense, it has proven to be very effective against most aliens. Efficient for short-range elimination of medium sized enemies, but scatters the pellets too much to be used for long range shooting. Break open mechanism provides very good reliability and power in a small form factor, but yields very slow rate of fire.
- The Double Barrel Coach Gun is an excellent weapon to use against a single or small amount of Kleer Skeletons. One shot will kill a Kleer if the Kleer is close enough to the player when the gun is fired. The same strategy also works on Gnaars.
- It also works well as an "emergency" weapon against certain powerful enemies, such as the Scrapjack or the Major Biomechanoid. Their large size allows most of the pellets to connect at medium range, which isn't possible with other enemies.
- This weapon is effective against groups of weak enemies, such as Beheaded Rocketeers. The large amount of pellets fired per shot can kill/gib multiple enemies with one shot, which is useful for clearing out a group of weak enemies without using ammo for the M29 Infantry Assault Rifle.
- It's large spread makes it ineffective at anything past close range. This makes it ineffective against enemies that prefer to stay at medium or long range, such as the Witch-Bride of Achriman.
|Name and Icon||Description||Notes|
|Up Close and Personal||Gib 20 enemies from close range with a shotgun.||Doesn't matter if with a Single or Double Barreled Shotgun, but best done with a Single Barreled Shotgun against small enemies, such as Rocketeers and Soldiers.|
- While sprinting, in first person view, the player is holding the Double Barrel Coach Gun upwards, while in third person view, they're holding it downwards.