The Dum-Dum is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
The Dum-Dum is a vicious species that Mental discovered while on an expedition. The creature was on the brink of extinction because it had eaten all of the species on the planet it was on and was slowly starving to death. Seeing their potential, Mental decided to take the Dum-Dums and use them for his own purposes. As a part of Mental's army, they serve as low-ranking troops.
The Dum-Dum has only one attack; bite the target. It will constantly charge forwards in order to bite the target.
A flying variant of the Dum-Dum called the Tweetle Dum-Dum exists. It is the same as the regular Dum-Dum, but it flies via a beanie hat and will try to hit the target with its legs instead of biting it.
- The Dum-Dum can be avoided by just walking backwards. It will never be able to bite the player as long as the player is constantly moving away from it.
- The Dum-Dum can be killed with just about any weapon. Even the Shofield Desert Hawk can make quick work of it.
- Multiple Dum-Dums can be completely destroyed by rapid-fire weapons, such as the Shofield Uzi Pistols, XM4000 Minigun, or XOP Gas Gun. Their low health lets rapid-fire weapons easily kill them.
- When paired with other enemies, the Dum-Dum should be a low-priority target. It is very easy to dodge and does little damage per hit. Targeting it when there may be more powerful enemies attacking, such as the Beheaded Kamikaze, is not a good idea. In fact, Dum-Dums are usually “accidentally” killed by the player while they're trying to target another enemy because they'll try to charge towards the player while they're shooting.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)