The Football Player is an enemy in Serious Sam 2.
The Football Player is actually John A.J. DiBaggio, the worst football player ever. He was so bad that he never kicked the football; he just ran with it. However, the ladies liked him, so he stayed. His career came to an end when, one day, he found the running-backs with his wife, so he killed them. After a long trial and overwhelming evidence against him, he was found innocent. A few years afterwards, it was revealed that some of the jurors were bribed by Mental, who liked him a lot and couldn't bear to see one of his heroes thrown in jail. It is rumored that he can be found on Sirius, training Mental's sons on how to play football.
The Football Player has two attacks; charge towards the player and kick their football at the player. He will usually prefer to charge the player, but will occasionally kick a football at the player in the distance.
- The RAPTOR Sniper Rifle is devastating against the Football Player, as one or two scoped shots, depending on the difficulty, will kill him. It's also excellent for clearing out hordes of them, as the Sniper Rifle has a good rate of fire.
- If the player doesn't have a Sniper Rifle, strong weapons, such as the Double Shotgun, XM214-A Minigun and XPML30 Rocket Launcher work best on him.
- A combination of the previously-mentioned weapons and the RB-45 Hand Grenade is very effective against the Football Player. If a grenade is tossed soon after or when a gun is fired, it will do significant damage towards him, making him much easier to handle. If there are other Football Players near the grenade target, they will be hurt as well, making them easier to kill.
- Their footballs are easy to dodge. All that needs to be done is to strafe in one direction, and they will miss.
- Kicked footballs can bounce a few times before disappearing, so be careful indoors when fighting them.
- Their charging attack is a bit harder to dodge, as the player needs to be strafing at an angle in the opposite direction the Football Players are charging from. This can be difficult if multiple Football Players are charging, but it can be done with patience.
- Football Players are quite dangerous when mixed with other enemies, as their high health and constant charging towards the player makes them very irritating if left unchecked. They should be a high-priority target in a firefight.