Sam, after activating the Karnak and Luxor Generators, is flying with a helicopter back home until he is intercepted by HQ and given new orders. He must now activate some sort of “fail-switch” to activate the time-lock, as apparently, the generators only powered it. First of all, he must explore the island of Philae to find the control room, but apparently, it isn’t there, and thus he heads towards Abu Simbel via a boat.
After picking up the keycard from the opposite side of the starting area, you should proceed to enter the Sirian area. There, you will collect a statue. Bring that statue back to the surface, and inside the major big temple in the middle, walk up to the pedestal and press Use to put the statue on it. Once you do so, another statue will rise, and another pedestal in one of the room’s corners. Repeat this sequence 4 times for every statue, then grab the final key that will be rised from the floor inside the temple, and head back to the Sirian area to unlock the second door and finish the level.
As you pick up every statue and place it down, a new wave of enemies will spawn, so don’t rush. At first, it’s mostly Kleers, Gnaars, Rocketeers and Kamikazes. But as you progress, Werebulls, Scrapjacks, Minor Biomechs and Reptiloids will be spawned, as well as up to 3 Major Biomechs. Harpies will also spawn occasionally. The level also has a few Cave Demons, but they are no-threats.
Overall, it is quite a non-linear level, requiring the player to go back and forth, collecting “keys” and returning them, before proceeding to the next level. Do not hesitate to use Shells in this level, there are plenty of them scattered around. If you have low ammo on almost every weapon, rely on the Axe or the Mutilator. The Pistol won't be of much use besides taking out the Kamikazes or shooting down Reptiloid projectiles.
- Try to preserve Sniper bullets to pick off Reptiloids and Werebulls, use Rockets (if you’ve found the secret Rocket Launcher) to take out Scrapjacks and Major Biomechs.
- After picking up the keycard, make sure to visit each locked hut and collect supplies from there.
- All Major Biomechanoids that spawn in this level will not move unless you approach closely, so stay away from them.
- If you encounter a lone item lying on the ground or in a temple, watch out, it may enable a trap that spawns a few enemies and summons plasma walls to keep you from moving out of the area.
- At the starting area, near the staircase, you’ll spot a bunch of crates with planks behind them. Destroy them with the Axe and proceed through the cavern to discover a Spider Cave, but watch out for a swarm of miniature Hatchling Spiders.
- When you climb up the staircase from #1, you’ll see a building on your left and a building to your right with a shelter next to it. Go behind the building on the right, jump up on the crates and onto its roof. From its roof, jump on the shelter’s roof, and from there, sprint-jump to the roof of the building on the left to collect a secret +50 health.
- On the left side of the island, you’ll see a floating red object near the shore. Dive into the water below it to collect a rocket launcher.
- Near the start, when you encounter the first Cave Demon, jump and climb on the wall, and then travel over it to collect a secret health.
- Still on the right side of the island, near the opposite side from the start and behind a temple, walk along the shoreline until you find some rocks. Approach the rocks to discover the “Wilson Secret”.
- A bit before #5, there is a suspicious pile of rocks near one of the temples. Blast the ones close to a bush with a rocket to reveal a secret cavern with cells and Kleer skulls.
- On the right side of the island, you’ll see a smaller island to your east. Swim to and walk over it to find a secret cannon, go behind it and press the Use button to trigger a humorous cutscene.
- At the temple on the opposite side of the starting area in the island, look up to the fouth column (the one next to a broken section of the wall). You’ll spot some rocket supplies there. Use the Mutilator or the Rocket Launcher to bring down the column and collect the ammo.