According to NETRICSA, Hugo is the most advanced robot in Mental's army, and in its arsenal, Hugo is armed with lasers, a rocket launcher, a cannon for a right arm, and a jet pack, and armored with near-invincible plating.
It breaks out of its 'Boss in a Box' container just as Sam manages to break into the hangar, and it gives chase to prevent Sam from accessing the controls of the laser cannon and temporarily blasting a hole into the Sirius planetary shield.
Conveniently, Sam spots a Infantry "Kozak aHa-C64" Attack Helicopter just waiting out in a helicopter landing pad in the middle of the valley. This is ultimately Hugo's downfall, as its armor cannot take the helicopter's rockets as well as it does to other weaponry.
When dealt enough damage, Hugo's jetpack will begin to malfunction, which will send it spinning out of control and end with it crashed on the ground.
- When the battle starts, run towards the door at the end of the hangar. Hugo will chase and attempt to shoot you down as you run. Take note that Hugo can and will instantly kill you if it manages to get you within melee range, which with its speed being roughly equal to Sam's is possible if you stop running for too long.
- Keep running until you see a helicopter pad on the edge of a long strip of land, and quickly get to the chopper.
- Hugo can attack in five ways; shoot out lasers from the antenna, launch rockets out of the shoulder rocket launcher, fire cannons out of its right arm, punch with its right or left arm, and ram with its jet pack propelling it (only when Hugo becomes airborne thanks to said jet pack). Its punch and ram attacks instantly kill.
- The Infantry "Kozak aHa-C64" Attack Helicopter is your primary weapon against Hugo, and is controlled via regular movement keys, jump button to lift, and crouch button to descend. The rockets of the helicopter deal massive damage to Hugo, similar to Cecil and the Ballista's holy bolts. They can be replenished in sixes by collecting the power-ups that spawn on the various pads in the area. However, they, too must be aimed carefully at Hugo to avoid missing the shot.
- The machine guns, though infinite in ammo, are quite weak against Hugo, and cannot be used as a primary weapon, instead they must be used to support the rockets in wearing down Hugo's HP.
- Should the helicopter be downed, you should switch to your most powerful weapons, like the SBC Cannon or Klawdovic. However, this may take a long time to finish off Hugo depending on when the helicopter blew up, as its health is extremely high.
- Hugo is immune to damage in the beginning (indicated by a gray health bar filling up). This stays until you make it to the helipad in the center of the valley, when the HP bar turns green.
- Hugo shares its theme with Freezepad Fight, however it does not play until Hugo breaks out of the hangar.
- It seems that the main control unit within Hugo is a UFO, as one exits a crashed Hugo in the post-boss cutscene, and transmits a radio message (in Croatian), then flies away.
- Curiously enough, Hugo seems to be a mere toy, although a highly powerful one, given the antenna, the flashing lights on it, the sounds reminiscent of real-life robot toys, and that it comes out of a box that looks like a toy's.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam 2 (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)