- "Come on! Just try to hurt me now."
- ―Sam Stone[src]
Invulnerability is a power-up that makes the player invulnerable for 30 seconds, no matter what game it appears in. While it's active, the user cannot be harmed nor be harmed by their own explosions.
The item's looks depends on the game it is in. In Serious Sam: The Second Encounter and Serious Sam: Double D, it is a silver statue of Serious Sam, while in Serious Sam HD and Serious Sam: Next Encounter, it is a gold statue of Sam.
This item is very rare. It appears a handful of times in Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, and only once in both Serious Sam: Next Encounter and Serious Sam: Double D. Even in The Second Encounter, invulnerability can be found on the main path once. The rest of them are hidden in secrets.
- Invulnerability is extremely useful, so the player should pick it up as soon as they can or the hardest parts in longer battles.
- Invulnerability lets the player use strategies that would otherwise be too dangerous to use, such as running to the middle of a group and spamming rockets and grenades at point-blank range. Take advantage of this to kill enemies faster and easier that normal.
- When invulnerability is almost over, the player should start maneuvering themselves so that they'll be in a safe place when it runs out. Otherwise, they may be in a position where they'll take a lot of damage when Invulnerability runs out.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Coding for invulnerability has been found in the Serious Sam 2 game files, but it is not found in the game.
- Invulnerability's model is identical to the model used for Invisibility, but not as "transparent".
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam 2 (Game files only)
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter (First appearance)
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam: Double D (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam: Double D: XXL (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (Non-canonical appearance)
- Serious Sam VR