|M29 Infantry Assault Rifle|
|Maximum Ammunition held||
500 (Normal, Hard, Serious, and Mental), 1,000 (Tourist, and Easy)
The M29 Infantry Assault Rifle is a weapon in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
The rifle's main advantages are simple design, fairly compact size and adaptation to mass production. It it best described as a hybrid of previous rifle technology innovations.
Gas operated, rotating bolt mechanism provides both rapid fire mode and controlled short bursts.
Reflex sight allows for quick target acquisition and easy tracking under all conditions.
At 600 rounds per minute, with long range and low dispersion, it is well suited for most combat situations.
The M29 Infantry Assault Rifle is the standard issue Advanced Infantry Rifle of the EDF. It is a modern-looking assault rifle with a holographic sight used for precision combat. It's magazine hold 40 5.56mm Tungsten flechette rounds. The holographic sight can be aimed down for increased accuracy, but slightly decreased movement speed. Widely used and favoured due to it's stability, accuracy and moderate damage output.
- It can be used effectively against any medium (e.x. Minor Biomechanoids, Hatchling Arachnoids, Kleer Skeletons) to light type enemy (e.x. Beheaded Kamikazes, Beheaded Rocketeers, Juvenile Antaresian Spiders, Cloned Soldiers) because of it's good rate of fire, high accuracy (especially when using iron sights) and 40-round magazine. This makes it one of the most versatile weapons in the game and a good choice if the player runs out of ammo or doesn't want to waste ammo for more specialized weapons.
- It is also handy against some strong enemies, such as the Scrapjack. A single magazine from the gun can do 400 damage if all hits connect, which is more than half of the Scrapjack and Adult Arachnoid's health.
- When using the M29 at long range, make sure to fire it while using the iron sight. It has perfect accuracy when looking down the sight, making it ideal for long-range shooting. Otherwise, some rounds will miss. This makes it very powerful against enemies such as the Scythian Witch-Harpy or the Witch-Bride of Achriman, who often appear at long range in the sky.
- Make sure to reload whenever there's a chance. If the player has to reload in the middle of a fight, they should hide behind something to make sure that they'll be safe when reloading. Situations like running out of ammo when facing enemies at close range is a very bad thing. This also makes this a less effective choice against a huge horde of even weak enemies that like to move in close for melee range attacks, such as Gnaars and Beheaded Kamikaze, making it less useful in this regard than the Tommygun/Uzi in the previous installments.
- The actual weapon model is a HK416 with foregrip and EOTech sight.
- There is a very similar weapon in real life called the M27 Infantry Automatic Rifle, which is almost identical in name and appearance to the fictional M29 Infantry Automatic Rifle that appears in the game. The real M27 is a version of the HK416 with a lowered rate of fire and a longer barrel; the M29 shares the ROF, but not the barrel length.
- The early model of this weapon had a non-functioning laser sight attachment.