The Major Biomechanoid is an enemy in Serious Sam: Double D.
The Major Biomechanoid is a large, red cyborg creature with chicken walker legs, similar to it's classic counterpart. When it sees a target, it will fire a rocket at it. These rockets are quite powerful. To make things even worse, it has a large amount of health, making it difficult to take down.
Major Biomechanoids can be jumped and walked on without being hurt when they touch it. In addition, Jump Pads will stick on dead ones, giving one more height to reach a platform.
- The Major Biomechanoid's rockets can be dodged by jumping over them. As soon as the Major's rockets can be seen, jump. This gives the player enough time for it to fly past the player while they're in the air. This works even if the player doesn't see the rocket as soon as it appears.
- The Major's rockets can be destroyed by shooting them with the player's guns. This can be handy if the player is caught in a situation where they can't run towards the Major, or they are facing multiple Majors and need to neutralize the rockets of one of them while dodging the other's rockets.
- Gunstacks featuring multiple powerful weapons, such as the LM32 Rocket Launcher and MadDog Grenade Launcher, are needed against the Major Biomechanoid. These are the only weapons that can deplete the Major Biomechanoid's health in a reasonable amount of time.
- The 0-4377 Flamethrower works great for destroying it's rockets. Put one on a gunstack and hold down the fire key. While the other guns are firing, the Flamethrower will destroy any incoming rockets if the player hasn't jumped over it.
- When paired with other enemies, the Major Biomechanoid is a high threat. It's projectiles are quite powerful, which can be very dangerous if they manage to hit the player while they are dodging other projectiles. Taking it out ASAP assures that the player will not be hit by its rockets when they least expect it.