"Oh aren't you adorable?"
~ Sam after he encounters the boss Major.
The Major Bio-mechanoid is an enemy in Serious Sam 3.
"A biological mechanism grown in Mental's bio-tanks. Its genome is programmed to give it biologically grown mechanical parts. Separately manufactured rocket launchers are attached to biologically designed side slots and are directly connected to its nervous system. The large head serves mainly as a battery containment. The Bio-mechanoid's intelligence is limited mainly to seek-and-destroy. Servo motors controlling its movement are very loud. This will give you a hint to the Bio-mechanoid's presence"
The Major Bio-mechanoid is a large, red cyborg with two deadly rocket launchers, one at each side. Being created in the similar fashion, they share a resemblance with their lesser variations, Minor Bio-mechanoids.
The first Major Bio-mechanoid is encountered in Broken Wings where it shoots down a helicopter that was meant to extract Sam out of Cairo. It serves as a boss, complete with a health bar. Subsequent Major bio-mechanoids serve as heavyweight front-line troops and can be encountered from time to time. Usually there are only one to a few major biomechanoids in combat at a time, supporting weaker front-line enemies. They are more common in co-op.
Attacks and statsEdit
They are not very different from their classic counterparts, with the exception of a few discrepancies: The first being that unlike its classic version, the Major Bio-mechanoid in Serious Sam 3 has a "berserk" mode, much like the Scrapjack. This will activate when it runs low on health due to consistent damage, which consists of a rapid volley of missiles. Along with AI behavior which causes it to not always walk in a straight path towards you like its classic counterpart, which can make hitting it with a rocket launcher tricky at certain distances. They also do not shoot a rocket upon dying.
The boss has the unique ability to quickly sprint towards Sam, and can still use its berserk mode when under heavy fire, which is extremely deadly if it happens to be sprinting around the same time. It also has roughly three times as much health as its normal counterpart.
- The Major Bio-mechanoid is very fast, so the player should start sprinting away from it when its getting too close. its rocket barrages are very difficult to effectively dodge if it is near the player.
- It has one major weakness; it can be harmed from the explosion damage from its own rockets. To take advantage of this, the player should position themselves near the center structure in the arena so that the Major's rockets on one side will hit the the wall, doing a good amount of damage to it. Repeating this, along with a few shots from the 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun, will quickly kill it.
- The hidden Double Barrel Coach Gun and XL2 Lasergun from Into the Spider's Nest are effective against the Major if the player managed to get either of them earlier. The coach gun does double the amount of damage that the regular Shotgun does if all pellets connect, and the Major's large size makes it easy for most of the pellets to hit, while the Lasergun does comparable damage to the Minigun and makes quick work of the Major.
As normal enemiesEdit
- When facing a Major, the player should make sure there's a decent amount of distance between the Major and the player. The Major's rocket bursts are difficult to escape unscathed when the player is close to it. It will attempt to get close to the player in order to give the player less room to avoid its rockets, so if the player sees it walking, they should sprint away from it, then start firing again.
- The Major Bio-mechanoid can still be easily dispatched from a single charged shot of the SBC Cannon. It has a short charge time, allowing the player to quickly kill it in one shot.
- A single C-4 Demolition Charge is all that is required to kill one, provided it is stuck onto the Major Bio-mechanoid. Even if the player is unable to toss a charge on it, a small pile of C4 can kill the Major.
- It is also possible to kill one using the Sirian Mutilator, but this may prove difficult, as the Major Bio-mechanoid will physically pull the Multilator beam, bringing the player much closer to a potential danger zone. The Mutilator also requires charging near to the point of overheating to kill one Major Bio-mechanoid, this leaves the player very prone to being attacked.
- The XPML21 Rocket Launcher is effective against the Major, but the player needs to be somewhat close to the Major in order to effectively use it, as the Major can avoid rockets. If possible, use the AS-24 Devastator instead, as its projectiles are fast enough that the Major cannot dodge them.
- Multiple Majors can be dispatched with either the SBC Cannon, XM-214-A Minigun or Devastator. The Cannon's charge-up period is fast enough that it can quickly fire the amount of cannonballs needed to clear out a group of majors, the Minigun has a fast enough rate of fire to quickly defeat Majors, and the Devastator's projectiles are fast enough that it can wipe out a group of Majors with ease.
- When faced with other enemies, the Major Bio-mechanoid is very dangerous because of the large amount of rockets it can fire in one burst. These rockets can do a good to significant amount of damage even if one or two hit, so the Major(s) should be killed before they can hit the player with a rocket or two while the player is pre-occupied with other enemies.
- In higher difficulties, they should be a medium-priority target, especially when they are not closing in. While the rockets do a lot of damage, they are relatively slow, easy to dodge and can be shot down with rapid-fire weapons. A lot of more lightweight enemies have harder to dodge attacks.
The below list shows how many of this enemy type appears in each game, per difficulty and either single or co-op mode.
|Games||Tourist, Easy and Normal Single Player||Hard and Mental single player||Serious Difficulty single player||Tourist, Easy and Normal Co-op||Hard and Mental Co-Op||Serious Co-Op|
|Serious Sam 3: BFE||165||165||165||190||190||190|
|Name and Icon||Description||Notes|
|Maintenance time||Blow a Major Biomechanoid into pieces.||Can only be done by attaching a C4 on them and detonating it.|