- "Sink your teeth into victory! Join Mental's Horde!"
- ―Mental's Horde propaganda poster.[src]
Mental's Horde is the name given to the forces that are controlled by Mental. They are incalculable in number and very dangerous, capable of overrunning every planet they attack. However, they generally lack tactics and often just charge into enemy lines of fire, meaning they lose enormous casualties in the process. This does not appear to obstruct them, however. They appear as the secondary antagonists throughout the Serious Sam series.
Mental's Horde is an extremely large army that consists of an unknown number of various species. These creatures seem to be made in very large numbers, which is possibly why Mental always manages to defeat any species he encounters. He also recruits primitive races in order to bolster his ranks. He has created agreements with creatures such as the Aludran Reptiloids in order for them to work for him and has even tampered with the evolutionary paths of some creatures so he can mold them into troops for his purpose.
Mental is the last of the Hum-Tah, a race of extremely powerful rulers of large, intergalactic empires. His predecessors had peacefully and wisely ruled the empires, but Mental was different. For some reason, he became dedicated to wiping out all intelligent life. He destroyed the empires, then disappeared for thousands of years.
In between these years, he would sleep and deactivate his forces, leaving some behind to detect any sign of intelligent life. When he detected them, he would awaken and activates his forces.
He uses several methods to coerce races into working with him. In the case of the Aludran Reptiliods, he offered them magical combat abilities. In other cases, such as the Zorgs, he simply paid for massive amounts of disposable troops. This isn't to say that Mental has no intelligent creatures working with and for him, however. Ugh-Zan III and Ugh-Zan IV appear to be intelligent enough to be considered as admirals in Mental's army, and Mordekai the Summoner was intelligent enough to properly use and research magic.
Other than deploying troops onto planets such as Earth with the use of Alcor Class Warships, Mental is able to teleport his forces directly to any desired location, whether it be in Cairo, on an island, or deep underneath the Pyramid of Giza. Mental will usually teleport and deploy his forces in order to stop Sam whenever he is near his objective(s).
Not only is Mental capable of teleporting his forces at a specific location, he can also teleport them back onto a warship. An instance of this is when Sam fights a warship in Cairo. After defeating the warship, any troop(s) that survived the battle are immediately teleported back onto the warship (though it may not always be the same warship, as Sam destroyed a warship after the troops were deployed, so when they were teleported away, they were probably transported onto another warship).
Mental's horde on Earth Edit
The invasion of Earth Edit
During the 22nd century, Mental discovered Earth, and, as the planet harbored intelligent life, he deployed hundreds of Alcor Class Warships at his disposal, along with many vicious alien creatures, as part of his scheme to wipe out the human race. This lead to a three-year conquest that had driven humanity almost to the point of extinction.
In a last-ditch effort, the world leaders turned to the Time-Lock, a recently excavated device supposedly capable of granting a single person the ability of time travel via an inter-dimensional portal. Through it, that person could reach a pivotal point in time and alter events of the past. But as the device laid dormant, they had to first discover a means to activate it.
The conflict lasted for about three years, with humanity taking massive casualties, though the exact number of this is unknown. It's possible that, due to military forces having lost or struggled to fight off against the invaders, the deaths were in the many millions.
During the final stages of the warr, it is clear that humanity has lost. Most or all of the inhabitants of Cairo had been wiped out by Mental, and it seems that all that was left was a small group of Earth Defense Force soldiers posted somewhat near Cairo. The humans had placed their last hope on the Time Lock, which was something that Mental seemed to be unaware of.
As part of his scheme to wipe out intelligent life, Mental and his alien horde will stop at nothing short of genocide in order to maintain control.
An instance of this is when Mental discovered the Ellian species, who had came across the remains of the old empires once ruled by the Hum-Tah and pieced together who Mental was. Before they could do anything, Mental returned and destroyed them, then disappeared soon afterwards.
Human killings Edit
Mental showed no remorse towards the human race, and sent its alien hordes to eliminate any intelligent life that stood in its way. Of course, the human military forces fought back against the alien invaders and tried repel their attacks, but they were no match against Mental's superior technology and the sheer number of his forces, and were eventually overrun by them.
As a result of the heavy casualties that humanity suffered, many cities became abandoned and there were little to no signs of life. Abandoned cars and other vehicles littered the streets, many houses and other buildings had been destroyed or reduced to rubble by the warships' scorcher beams, and the numerous supplies of ammunition and armor, as well as barricades in Cairo indicated that the city had recently become under siege by Mental's forces.
Finishing off humanity EditDuring Sam's journey to power up the Time Lock, Mental staged a final attack on the Earth Defense Force's headquarters, completely wiping it out. Now that the last bit of resistance had been taken out, Mental prepared to finish off humanity once and for all, by hurtling the Moon into the Earth.
However, Sam was not going to go down without a fight, and, as he manages to get towards the Time-Lock, Mental attempts to stall Sam long enough so that he can be crushed by the Moon by sending in huge amounts of his alien horde and even Ugh-Zan IV, one of his trusted subordinates, but Sam managed to defeat them, including the dreaded warlock.
As Sam headed towards the Time Lock, he decided to call Mental and threaten him, but instead, Mental's daughter, Judy, answered it. After a brief chit-chat, she told Sam about her dad blowing up the Earth with the Moon. Right afterwards, Sam saw the Moon hurtling towards the Earth, so he had no choice other than to quickly run into the Time Lock, right before the Moon hit and blew up the Earth. In this timeline, Mental managed to finish off humanity, just like all the other species that encountered him.
Mental utilizes both technology and magic in order to achieve his goals. The diversity can be seen in his army, where he uses cyborgs, executed enemy soldiers raised from the dead, reanimated skeletons of long extinct races, trained war animals, clones, creatures made out of pure magic, robots, mercenaries, or even plain vehicles.
For instance, when Mental found the Aludran Reptiloids, a race of four-armed reptilian creatures from the Aludran system, they agreed to join his army, and in return, gave them magical powers that allows them to conjure homing projectiles from their hands.
To bolster his ranks even further, Mental has gone as far as to tamper with the evolution of certain species, such as the Fiendian Reptiloid Demon. These creatures were once simple, lizard-like organisms from Fiendia Prime, until Mental found them and crossbred as well as mutated them through several generations, until they were reinforced with a titanium skeleton, which increased their endurance, thus making them formidable opponents.
Mental's horde consists of all kinds of creatures, including cyborgs, soldiers or mercenaries, vehicles, creatures made out of magic, and many more.
Infantry forces Edit
The majority of Mental's forces are made up of soldiers or light units. They are often equipped with advanced weaponry, such as laser or plasma rifles and other standard-issue firearms, while some units are not very intelligent or organized. Despite this, Mental still decided to train them. Some of Mental's forces are suicidal, charging towards the enemy in the line of fire in order to get close to the target and then explode.
- Beheaded Bomber: An executed Sirian soldier equipped with inflatable pocket bombs which it uses to toss at targets. The bombs explode on impact. When killed, the Bomber will blow up after a short delay.
- Beheaded Firecracker: This variant of Sirian soldier is equipped with a magic missile launcher, which fires a spread of five magic missiles from its weapon.
- Beheaded Kamikaze: An executed Sirian soldier that is controlled by an LCU (Life Control Unit). The head of the Kamikaze has been ruined, therefore, he is employed for suicidal attacks, in the form of fragmentation grenades.
- Beheaded Rocketeer: An executed Sirian soldier that too, like the Beheaded Kamikaze, has also an implanted LCU. They are equipped with cheap, low power magic missile launchers that, while low in firepower, are equipped with a techno-magical ammunition replenisher, which gives them unlimited ammunition.
- Bladder Beast: A creature derived from the Methug Commander. It is basically a huge pus bag that “moves” by inflating parts of its body via hydrogen, which makes it move surprisingly fast. Its primary attack is to toss corrosive globs from the poisonous sacks on its neck. If someone gets next to it, it will fully inflate itself and start hitting the target with the poison from its skin.
- Bull Soldier: Red demon-like creatures with two rocket launchers attached to their arms. The Bull Soldier wil fire its rockets one at a time, with each rocket aimed at the direction the player is moving. Once both rockets are fired, the Bull Soldier will have a brief “charge-up” period, then fire again.
- Caterfighter: A large, green, helmet-wearing caterpillar-like creature with three sets of arms. Each set of arms has a different weapon.
- Centaur: A horse-like creature from the planet Ellenier. They are armed with bows and arrows, and will shoot arrows at the target from long range, or use a melee attack at close range.
- Chimputee: A chimpanzee with its legs replaced with jets, wearing a pair of shades and armed with a grenade launcher and an axe.It fires banana grenades at the target. If they get too close to the Chimputee, it will attack the enemy with its axe.
- Cloned Soldier: A cybernetically modified clone of human soldier that are equipped with standard-issue pump-action shotguns and assault rifles.
- Cyclops: A creature that was mutated in Sirian laboratories. It can fire a projectile, but its melee attack is even more dangerous, as its noxious skin can inflict a lot of damage if it gets close to the target.
- Femikaze: A large, human woman with no top on. She holds two bombs, which are strategically placed in order to cover her breasts. They behave much like the normal Beheaded Kamikaze; they will quickly run towards a target while screaming. When she touches the target, she will explode.
- Gnaar: An omnivorous mammal from the planet Sirius. They have one large eye and strong, clawed hands, which use they to attack targets with at close range.
- Methug Commander: These creatures serve as commanders to Methug Soldiers.
- Methug Soldier: A large, green creature with a robotic head that has a large red eye. It has two attacks ; fiire a green projectile, or use its noxious skin to damage the target if it gets right next to it.
- Orc Commander: A soldier equipped with red armor that has three attacks; fire homing shots from his plasma gun, throw grenades, or kick the target at close range.
- Orc Destroyer: An Orc soldier that wields a blue plasma rifle and is equipped with blue armor. They fire a plasma ball at the target. This plasma ball has a very primitive homing capability and can travel on the ground.
- Orc Grunt: This variety of Orc fires a two-round burst from their blaster, and is identified by its rusty grey armor.
- Orc Gunner: An Orc soldier that wears yellow armor and is equipped with a shoulder mounted rocket launcher.
- Zorg Commander:A bipedal, skinless lizard-like creature that is armed with a laser rifle that fires five laser beams, which are spread out from the center of the gun to create a 110 degree angle spread.
- Zorg Mercenary: A weaker variety of Zorg soldier which fires a two-round burst from its gun.
- Zumb'ul: A large humanoid creature from the planet Ras-ad-Nyk that is armed with two plasma rocket launchers. Their fire two plasma rockets at an enemy from medium to far range, and they will whack the target with one of their launchers if they get too close.
Support units Edit
Mental's forces that mostly have ranged attacks, such as firing projectiles against targets from a distance. Others use chainguns and fire rapid volleys of bullets at the target. As such, these enemies are often placed far away, such as on rooftops or other high areas, or to sometimes support the attacking force.
- Adult Arachnoid: A holy warrior from a primitive race evolved from arthropods. Their tough exoskeleton covers a large area of their body, and augment their bodies with armor plates for better protection. Augmented pincers in adults contain built-in chainguns. They can deliver a powerful sting if someone gets too close to it.
- Albino Cyclops: Originally a giant worm from the planet Magnor, Mental discovered these giant worms and added arms and legs to them, but their body retracted soon after the body parts were added, making them look very large. When they spot a target, they fire homing orb-shaped projectiles at them.
- Alcor Class Warship: The most common of all Mental's spaceships, these ships are mainly used for troop deployment and basic "ground-scorching" with their scorcher beams, though they are not capable of complicated combat maneuvers or advanced attacks.
- Aludran Arachnoid: This Arachnoid fires a fireball out of its gun, but there is a noticeable delay between each shot. If someone is close to it, it will strike the target with its powerful tail.
- APC 404 Dropship: Troop transport for Mental's forces, mostly Orc soldiers.
- Common Aludran Reptiloid: A medium-sized, four-handed reptilian creature that cast magical homing fireballs from their hands.
- Fatso Fighter: An attack aircraft equipped with lasers that will fire at a target as it flies by, and then come back round to fire again.
- Fiendian Reptiloid Demon: A large, red demon-like creature. These enemies will toss balls of lava at the target from a distance. If the target gets too close, the Demon will slash at them with its claws.
- Football Player: A large, green humanoid creature that mainly uses footballs to attack the target.
- Gunrilla: A Sirian mutant with a mix of a gorilla. It fires cannonballs from a gun located on what was once its head. These cannonballs explode at close range.
- Hatchling Arachnoid: A newborn Arachnoid equipped with a chaingun. As they are still developing, they have weaker exoskeletons than adults, and also do not have augmented armor implanted onto their bodies or built-in chainguns. Instead, the Hatchling amputated one of its arms and replaced it with a chaingun.
- Highlander Aludran Reptiloid: A much larger and more dangerous version of the Aludran Reptiloids. Unlike the Common Aludran Reptiloid, Highlanders fire their projectiles at a much faster rate.
- Infantry "Kozak aHa-C64" Attack Helicopter: Attack helicopter that is equipped with rocket launchers, a machine gun and a bomb. It will use the rockets at a distance, but will switch to the machine gun if an enemy is close to it. It will drop a bomb if the target is underneath it.
- Khnum: A large, aggressive bipedal creature from Arietis Lambda, Khnums are very powerful and dangerous opponents, relying on their immense physical strength and size to crush everything in their way and smash anyone who dares to oppose them. At medium to far range, they will conjure fireballs and cast them at the target. At closer range, the Khnum will attempt to swipe or stomp on them.
- Lava Golem: A pile of lava that was magically brought to life by Mental. These inorganic creatures throw lava fireballs at targets from far away, or slam the ground to the target at close range. If a medium or large-sized Lava Golem is killed, it will split into a smaller sized Golem.
- Scrapjack: A large low-grade model of Mental's forces, created from sewn-together parts salvaged from KIA units of various other models. It is armed with two rocket launchers, and with three selectable heads to choose from depending on the situation, it can exhibit different behaviors, ranging from bland attacking to berserking rage.
- Scythian Witch-Harpy: A female clone of an extinct Scythian race that were created by Mental. They are trained in casting magic spells and close quarters combat.
- Seagull Fighter: Bomber aircraft that drops several bombs on a specific location.
- Technopolip: The resulting product of an unknown polyzoic creature when it hijacks an AH-64 Apache. As such, it is able to use and fire the helicopter's machine gun and rockets at a target.
- Witch-Bride of Achriman: A fallen sorceress of The Great Council who was mislead by the false promises of Mental's vassal Achriman, the ruler of the shadow plane. Now known as Witch-Brides of Achriman, they are trapped in the limbo between the shadow plane and the physical world. Their psychokinetic powers allow them to warp space in order to protect themselves or to crush their enemies.
Cyborgs, robots and machines Edit
Most of the cybernetic or robotic creatures that are part of Mental's forces have gone through extensive artificial or manufacturing processes, or were grown as biological mechanisms in Mental's bio-tanks. Some of these organisms have had their genome programmed to give them biologically grown mechanical parts.
- Big Spider: Large, arachnid-like cyborgs which fire projectiles at the player from a distance, or bite the player at close range.
- Cucurbito the Pumpkin: Basically a human wearing overalls, uses a chainsaw and has a pumpkin for a head. It was made by Mental by combining elements his time-traveling agents found in 20th-century Earth, including Smashing Pumpkins albums, a copy of the Burt Reynold's movie Deliverance and a copy of Lumberjack Digest.
- Major Bio-mechanoid: These large, red cyborgs have robotic, chicken-like legs. Their movement is controlled by loud servo motors, which can be heard from some distance. They are armed with separately manufactured rocket launchers which are attached to biologically designed side slots and are directly connected to its nervous system. The large head serves mainly as a battery containment. As their rockets can quickly reach their targets and they can take several hits before being destroyed, they are very dangerous if not eliminated.
- Minor Bio-mechanoid: A smaller and slightly less dangerous variety of the Major Bio-mechanoid that is bluish in color, and armed with two pulse lasers attached to either side of its body. Like the Major Bio-mechanoid, the Minor's intelligence is mainly limited to seek-and-destroy.
- Rhino Cybertoy: A large, brown rhino wind-up toy that has two large horns and a key protruding from its back. Its only attack is to ram into the target. If it misses, it will turn around and try again.
- Rollerball: A large, purple robot and a rolling version of the Spawner. Its only attack is to roll onto the target.
- Spawner: A modified Rollerball designed to spawn weak enemy forces. It resembles a Rollerball with mechanical legs, a few pistons and pipes. Spawners occasionally shoot fast-moving balls of plasma in an arc in between spawning.
- Spider: A smaller version of the Big Spider that tosses green projectiles. These projectiles are programmed to intercept the player if the player is strafing in one direction. Like the Big Spider, Spiders will also bite or lunge at the player at close proximity.
- T-Mech: This cyborg is, apparently, the son of the Major Bio-mechanoid, though it has the head of a T-Rex with a cigar in its mouth. It behaves pretty much the same as the Major Bio-mechanoid.
Creatures or wildlife Edit
Though not really considered to be part of Mental's ranks due to low intelligence or other reasons, Mental still nonetheless decided to have these creatures included in his army. They are often from different planets, and have many unique characteristics. Some of these creatures have been altered by Mental to enhance their capabilities.
- Aurigan Cave Daemon: A nocturnal bloodthirsty predator that lurks in the darkness, often clinging onto walls or pillars. When unsuspecting prey draws near, they will leap out and strike at the target with their sharp claws, then retreat and hide again.
- Beetle: A large beetle-like creature with a green exoskeleton and an orange body. It has two horns, but it seems that the horns have been transformed into a flamethrower. The front of the Beetle is completely invulnerable to attacks, but the orange body that's behind it is vulnerable to attacks, such as bullets and rockets.
- Bone Snake: A large creature with a snake-like skeleton and one foot. They fire fast-moving projectiles in bursts.
- Cerberus: The Cerberus was created because of Mental's interest in Ancient Greek mythology and having a three-headed dog. Their main attack is to charge at the target.
- Flying Kleer: This type of Kleer is basically a winged Kleer skeleton armed with a blunderbuss.
- Hatchling Antaresian Spider: A newborn Antaresian Spider. As they are hatchlings, their jaws and exoskeleton are underdeveloped, thus they can be killed easily by being shot or squished on. They can bite at close range, or fire balls of acid from glands in their tails from a distance. Alone they are not a threat, but a pack of them can be dangerous.
- Hermit Crabuloid: A small hermit crab-like creature with a shell that is completely impervious to weapon fire. It is armed with a short-range weapon that it uses when it is right next to its target.
- Juvenile Antaresian Spider: Larger and more dangerous than the hatchlings, a juvenile already has developed jaws and exoskeleton, and are more resilient to gunfire than the hatchlings. As they are much bigger in compassion, they can't be stomped on, but it is possible to rip their carapace apart, which kills the juvenile instantly.
- Kleer Skeleton: An undead skeleton of a being from an extinct race from the planet Kleer, of Alpha Canis Majoris. They appear somewhat equinous, but only in stature, as their physical properties are very different. They have large, sharp horns on their heads, a tail, long scythe-like claws at the ends of their forearms, and hooves on their two hind legs. They will charge towards their target, and leap out to attack with their sharp claws. At closer range, they will repeatedly slash at them. From further distances, Kleers can conjure twin chainballs one after another in a single direction towards the target.
- Lizard: The Lizard is a strange green creature that resembles a dinosaur, with sharp teeth and a long tongue. They are most often found swarming in packs and spawn from eggs that are thrown from sewer pipes or fall from trees. Sometimes they can also be hiding in crates. They will bite at the target if they get too close.
- Marsh Hopper: A small, greenish frog-like alien originating from the planet Rigil Kentaurus. They are social creatures, and live in large groups, but have a suicidal instinct to protect their territory. In all-devastating havoc, they will attempt to leap at an enemy and explode by over inflating themselves. Upon exploding, toxic slime from within their intestines splashes the target.
- Pterodactyl: A stereotypical Pterodactyl that has been altered by Mental to carry bombs. The ones that carry bombs will follow the target, and then drop it on them.
- Reeban Electro-Fish: An aquatic animal from the planet Reeb. When it spots an enemy, it fires a bolt of electricity from the light attached to its head. The bolt will disorient the enemy upon contact. This makes the Electro-Fish very dangerous in groups, as a constant barrage of lightning will constantly disorient the enemy, making it difficult for the victim to fight back.
- Sandwhale: A very large, aggressive and territorial creature. It is unknown how they were transported to Earth or if they are even associated with Mental's horde, but it is suspected that they were accidentally brought to Earth in microscopic larvae state from a desert planet in Gamma Pegasi. They appear to mostly feed on sediments or minerals, though if its territory is disturbed, they are able to swallow a heavy assault tank whole, without chewing. These creatures are so well protected by their thick scales that there are no known ways to kill one short of nuclear weapons.
- Sirian Werebull: The Sirian Werebull behaves much like an ordinary bull. It is a strange mixture of Sirian and cattle DNA. Unlike regular cattle, the Werebull has fingers. It is unknown if the Werebull was made by Mental or by the Sirians themselves. Its two attacks consist of ramming the target, or if they are not fast enough, it will attempt to gore the target with its horns, causing more damage than a ram would.
- Therizinosaurus: A large, blue feathered dinosaur that, when modified by Mental, fires plasma balls at the target from a plasma cannon on its back.
- Vuvuzelator: A strange living pile of pancakes that has forks for legs and vuvuzelas sticking out of it. When it gets close to the target, it will begin playing loud music, which hurts the target as long as it is within its music radius. When its health has been reduced to 0, it will start playing its vulvuzelas and play them at a higher pitch until it explodes.
Combat technology Edit
Mental employs many devices and weapons which are used for monitoring important locations, or to defend a strategic objective. Some of these weapons are human inventions that were re-designed or modified by Mental to enhance them.
- Cannon Turret, Plasma Cannon, Rocket Turret, Rotating Cannon and Static Cannon: Automonous gun platforms or sentry weapons.
- Albino Cyclops are actually modified giant worms from the planet Magnor. Mental added arms and legs to them, but their body retracted soon after the body parts were added, making them look very large. Albinos fire homing-orb-shaped projectiles. These projectiles can either be avoided or will burn out after traveling a certain distance.
- The Big Spider is a gigantic cyborg spider. It has two attacks; fire a projectile and hit the player with its legs. The Big Spider's projectile is programmed to intercept the player if the player is strafing a certain direction.
- The Bone Snake fires fast moving projectiles in bursts. It comes in two sizes, regular and large. The large Bone Snake has more health and fires larger projectiles at a faster rate. Despite their looks, Bone Snakes are mobile and will try to hop closer to the player if the player is far away from them.
- Bull Soldiers are demon-like enemies that have two rocket launchers attached to their arms. The rockets are fired one at a time, with each rocket aimed at the direction the player is moving. Once both rockets are fired, the Bull Soldier will have a brief "charge up" period, the fire again.
- The Cerberus was created because of Mental's interest in Ancient Greek mythology and his interest in having a three-headed dog. After gaining some spare time, he created the Cerberus. After being created, the Cerberus began to have problems because each head had its own brain. Mental grew tired of their constant bickering and fighting and decided to remove their brains; instead programming a basic attack sequence into them. Cerberuses will charge the player and attempt to run into them. If it hits the player, it will toss the player to the side in addition to causing damage.
- The Floater is a small and fast flying robot with arms. It can fire a laser or attack the player with a melee attack if the player gets close to it.
- The Flying Kleer is essentially a winged Kleer Skeleton armed with a Blunderbuss. It fires a large fireball from the Blunderbuss. It usually stays away from the player.
- Marcel the Clown was an entertainer that ran "The Wazaro Freak Show". After the show ended, Marcel had no money, so Mental offered to make a deadly clone army outfitted with explosive cakes out of Marcel in exchange for money. Marcel agreed. Marcel's only attack is to use its high speed to quickly get to the player, then explode in front of the player.
- The Martial Arts Master is an actor on the planet Kung Phew. They were modified into deadly flying enemies by chopping off their lets (which were then given to Bull Soldiers) and given the ability to cast deadly dragon magic spells. Unfortunately, their modifications has caused them to continuously sing, so they were given metal masks so that nobody would have to hear them. The Master has one attack; fire a homing Chinese word at the player. This word can be dodged, but will bounce around if it misses until it destroys itself.
- The Martial Arts Zombies are zombies that were modified by Mental to serve as troops on the planet Chi Feng. Their feet have been replaced with metal hooves and they have been given sawblades to throw at long-range threats. The Martial-Arts Zombie has two attacks; throw a sawblade and a melee attack. The sawblade is the Zombie's ranged attack, but it will usually try to get in close and use its melee attack, which propels it towards the player much like the Scythian Witch-Harpy's melee attack does. Merely touching a Zombie will be counted as a melee attack.
- The Orc Gunner is a primitive species that was recruited by Mental. Their best warriors were trained by Mental's forces and given modern armor and weapons. The Gunner's only attack is to fire a powerful rocket from a handheld rocket launcher.
- The Rhino Cybertoy is a mass-produced version of one of Mental's favorite toys. It was given to every family that was under Mental's rule so that they wouldn't rebel. Special types of Rhino toys are equipped with a plasma fuel system and sent into battle. The Rhino Cybertoy has one attack; run toward an enemy until it hits the enemy. If it misses, it will turn back and try again.
- The ScorpSoldier is a scorpion-like enemy that fires a burst of green projectiles at enemies. There are two types of ScorpSoldier; yellow and red. Reds are larger, have more health and do more damage than a yellow one does. There are also bigger red ones that deal a lot more damage than normal red ones, and are more durable.
- The Spawner is a modified Rollerball designed to spawn weak enemies. While it has no direct attacks, the player can be harmed by walking into it.
- The Spider is a cyborg spider that tosses green projectiles. These projectiles are programmed to intercept the player if the player is strafing in one direction. Spiders are frequently seen with Big Spiders]].
- Spiky Bulldogs will charge at the player in an attempt to ram them. If they manage to hit the player, they'll slightly toss the player to another direction and cause damage. If they miss, they'll turn around and try to ram the player again.
- The T-Mech is the sonof the Major Biomech. It swore revenge against Serious Sam after he killed the T-Mech's dad in Serious Sam 1. Originally slated to not be in the game, the T-Mach managed to bribe its way into the game, but only on the condition it got a facelift. In-game, the T-Mech is essentially a copy of the Major Biomech. It will fire one rocket at the player, then fire another a few seconds later. After two rockets have been fired, it will have a cooldown period, then fire the rockets again.
- The Zombie Soldier is an undead humanoid that wields a minigun. This minigun has good accuracy, making it deadly, even at long range. Early on, the Soldier will be placed near the player, but in later levels, the Soldier will be placed far away in order to "snipe" the player from a distance.
- The Zombie Stockbroker is the reanimated corpse of a stockbroker. After the stock in banana ice cream, Mental's favorite snack, collapsed, many stockbrokers committed suicide. Mental decided to raise them from the dead and give them a shotgun in order to repay their debts. Zombie Stockbroker's have only one attack; firing their shotgun. The shotgun has a fairly tight spread, which makes it powerful even at long range.
- Genetically engineered in Mental's laboratories, there are two classes of Spider Mechanoids. One that acts like a spawning mechanism, simply called "The Mommy," and a smaller, weaker one that is used for infantry. The smaller ones usually attack in groups, as they are born together and will act like one. Their insides are filled with poisonous acid, and the web they eject can be lethal if you receive multiple shots. They are very quick, but the downside is that they have no armor. On the other hand, the bigger ones will be tougher to bring down. Their bodies are waxed with a big layer of ant acid, so every metal object that hits them is soon disintegrated, leaving only small amounts of damage. You'll need a sizable amount of rockets to bring this one down. Mental, being one of the smartest entities in the universe, got furious when he learned about a "Dead Librarians Society" -- it seems that some of his minions decided to learn how to read and write. Instead of capital punishment, Mental decided to transform those "infidels" into the lowest form of intellect -- barbarians. Librarians, actually. Buffed up, "human" monstrosities, equipped with axes and chromed shields which will run at you full speed. The only evidence of their "crazy" youth is their eyes, which each seem to look in a different direction. While reading Sirian, they tried to make sense of the text in question, reading it from left to right and backwards. Too bad no one told them to read it bottoms up.
- After failing to beat Sam, Mental's engineers on Sirius came up with an upgraded version of the Kamikaze soldier. Their motto was: "If you can't make it better, make it bigger," so they replaced two small bombs with one "Sirian bomb of death." Also, in their experiment they noticed that the Life Control Unit (LCU) usually didn't work, so they removed it completely. A spring was added as a joint between the bomb and the body to compensate for fast movement. His bomb activates when close enough to the target.
- In Serious Sam 3: BFE, there are many propaganda postes located throughout the campaign, usually featuring Gnaars or Beheaded Kamikazes on them.