~ Sam deactivating the turret.
The Minigun Turret or ASU 7 Automatic Sentry Unit is an enemy in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
The Minigun Turret is one of the least encountered enemies in Serious Sam 3: BFE. These sentries were develop by ASU's company and deployed by EDF to defend a key strategic point in the city of Cairo before it was overrun by Mental's horde where it still remains active. They will automatically shoot Mental's Horde, Sam or anyone else due to their system not being able to recognize friendlies and foes. They are armed with a XM-214-A Minigun which is deadly due to its speed and firepower. They will search for anything that moves with their laser sight. They cannot be destroyed by any weapons at all and can only be deactivated by a switch that activated them.
They are only encountered in the city of Cairo during No Place to Hide where Sam encounters them still activated and defending the deserted part of the city area while getting pass them to reach Garret's crash Site. Later Sam will encounter one during The Dark Bride, which is still defending the temple area which can be picked up to be used.
"Originally develop to cheaply secure remote properties on extraterrestrial colonies, ASU's became very popular companies for EDF forces battling against Mental's horde. XM214-A minigun is the most popular primary weapon for any ASU's, it's firepower can stop large waves of smaller enemies without any assistance from the operator. A heavy-duty servo mechanism enables the ASU to quickly refocus between two targets in a fraction of a second. An infrared laser scanner can detect moving targets over an adjustable area of operation. Unfortunately, the simple and robust aiming system is not capable of discerning foes from friendlies, so it shoots at anything that moves."
- Since they cannot be destroyed by any weapons, the only way to shut them down is by switching the lever off that connects to them to deactivate them.
- Observe the sentries laser movement and their position before making a move.
- You can also reactivate them back for the use to fend of large wave of enemies or for defending yourself.
- You can also use the sentries to save up your ammunition.
- The one you encounter during The Dark Bride, will shoot at mental's horde. Do not pick it up until it's finished it's assault otherwise you will waste ammunition and you have to fend off Mental's horde by yourself.
- It takes 3 seconds to kill the player regardless of their health, it also takes 12 to 15 seconds to kill a Bio-mechanoid Major.
- This is the only enemy that has no alliance with Mental's forces.
- It is unknown how the Minigun never runs out of ammo after being activated for a long period of time, it's possible that the turret uses a Techno-Magical Ammunition Replenisher (TMAR).
- XM-214-A Minigun (a Minigun that is used by these sentries).