Mordekai is a large, floating sorcerer with no legs. His only attack is to teleport in, fire several magic blasts that will spawn enemies when it hits the ground, and then disappear. A few seconds, he will reappear and do the same thing.
At first, the enemies spawned by Mordekai will be weak enemies, such as the Zorg Mercenary, but the more damage he takes, the stronger enemies he will spawn in. When his health is low, he will spawn in enemies such as the Fiendian Reptiloid Demon.
When Mordekai is killed, all of the enemies spawned by him will die as well.
- The key to this fight is to balance the fight so that an equal amount of time is spent attacking Mordekai and killing the enemies he spawns. This is very important in the final portions of the fight, as he will start spawning powerful enemies, such as the Fiendian Reptiloid Demon. Being overwhelmed by enemies can cost the player the fight in the later stages, but at the same time, focusing on enemies too much is a waste of ammo because Mordekai will keep spawning enemies as long as he is alive.
- In the area with the little fortification, just before entering the courtyard of the Grand Cathedral, there are re-spawning objects, including power-ups. Take Serious Speed, then Serious Damage and immediately run towards the entrance of the cathedral. When Mordekai is summoned, if you have been fast enough, the effect of the Serious Damage will still be active for seconds: use this opportunity to fire with the SBC Cannon or XL2 Lasergun; this way, you can easly deplete about 1/5 of Mordekai's health in a blink of an eye, before he starts spawning monsters.
- In general, the SBC Cannon is the best weapon to use when fighting him. Charged shots do a large amount of damage per hit and can quickly reach him at long or medium range, while spamming uncharged shots is very effective when he is right next to the player.
- The Cannon is also very useful against powerful enemies he spawns in the later stages, such as Sirian Werebulls and Fiendian Reptiloid Demons.
- After an item in his arena has been picked up, it will reappear in a different location. If the player sees a respawned item in a different location while fighting, they should note it's location for later.
- The Serious Speed power-ups are very useful, as they let the player dodge the large amount of projectiles enemies will be firing.
- When the “Pink Secret Enabled!” message appears, go to the rightmost jump pad and look to the right of the pad. There will be a small hole with a Super Health in it. Grab this because the extra health will be very useful during the later stages of the fight.
- The jump pads can be useful for as a temporary escape from enemy attacks if the player is cornered. Walking up on one will bounce the player slightly up, which will give them enough air to dodge any incoming attacks and bounce them far enough that they can start moving to the other side of the arena.
”One of the most powerful sorcerers that ever lived in the known universe, Mordekai served Mental for over 3000 years. He served him so well indeed, that Mental missed him very much and resurrected him after he died in a bizarre accident involving the Necronomicon, 20,000 pounds of ectoplasm and a mispronounced Latin proverb. He was automatically assigned to train Mental's creatures in the art of spell-casting and employing magic for truly 'evilish' purposes. P.S. Mental was a little late with the process of resurrection, so Mordekai's brain is slightly damaged; he is often heard to speak complete nonsense, or as one would say, utter crap. In Latin.”
- Quote03.wav: O tempora o mores
- Quote05.wav: Carpe diem
- Quote07.wav: Alea iacta est
- Quote08.wav: Status quo
- Quote10.wav: Tempus fugit
- Quote11.wav: Post scriptum
- Quote14.wav: Lupus in fabula
- Quote15.wav: Coitus interruptus
- Quote16.wav: Hic, haec, huc
- Mordekai's classic staff appears in Serious Sam 3: BFEs model files, but is unused in that game.