25 per second (SS1)
|Maximum Ammunition held||
"Look ma, I'm a lumberjack!"
~ Sam after he obtains the Chainsaw.
The P-Lah Chainsaw is a weapon in Serious Sam: The Second Encounter, Serious Sam: Xbox, Serious Sam: Next Encounter, Serious Sam 2 and Serious Sam HD. In The Second Encounter, it is nicknamed "Bonecracker".
- Weapon: 'Bonecracker' P-Lah Chainsaw
- Ammo: Fuel from a self-contained micro fusion synthesizer
This familiar weapon only looks like it was made on Earth. It seems that only it's design and purpose were taken from the concept of the familiar chainsaw design. Inside the titanium alloy casing you will find a self-contained micro fusion synthesizer that is capable of producing enough fuel for 10000 years of non-stop operation. Unfortunately, there is only a 6 month guarantee for all the moving parts and they tend to break very soon after that period. Truly a marvel of modern engineering and economics.
- Don't try to use this baby when you're being attacked by long-ranged opponents.
AMMO: Fuel from cold fusion
RATE OF FIRE: Continuous
The 'Bonecracker' is a high powered, combat customized chainsaw that can slice and dice even the largest enemy in a matter of seconds. Powered by a 5000HP cold fusion engine and incorporating diamond-matrix ceramic teeth, it can cut through the hull of a battleship in the same time a normal chainsaw takes to fell a tree.
- The Chainsaw is a tool modified for combat. It has a a micro fusion cell that creates power for up to 10,000 years nonstop. However, the parts will only work for six months; after that, it will break.
- The Chainsaw in Serious Sam: Xbox firstly appears in the Temple of Hatshepsut.
- The Chainsaw model is different in Serious Sam 2, but is otherwise the same. Though, in the beta version of the latter, the chainsaw had been held horizontally and could project its saws. The saw-ammo pickup and flying saw sounds still exist in the Serious Sam 2 files.
Serious Sam: The Second Encounter/Xbox/HDEdit
- The Chainsaw works very well against Gnaars, as they will simply charge towards the player and have no ranged attacks. When they get into range, they will be unable to strike back due to the damage input of the saw.
- It also works well against Scythian Witch-Harpies that have been downed from the sky. The player should allow the Harpy to perform a melee attack (whilst evading the latter), and should then chop her to pieces while she recovers.
- This weapon is extremely effective against Marsh Hoppers, especially when they're in large groups. This is notably the best option for combat in the classic version of TSE. When circle-strafing or retreating to a corner and crouching, almost none manage to land an attack.
- For obvious reasons, this weapon must not be used against explosive enemies, such as Beheaded Kamikazes.
- The saw is also prohibited to use against long-ranged fire enemies such as Major Biomechanoids and Fiendian Reptiloid Demon (with its powerful melee attack). Their weapon can harm the player in if you use the Chainsaw to attack them at close range.
Serious Sam 2Edit
- As in TSE, the saw is not a recommended weapon against Kamikazes and Marcel Clowns.
- Due the risk will take on player, this weapon also prohibited to against long ranged fire enemies such as Zombie Soldier and T-Mech at close range.
- The saw is handy for breaking apart crates without wasting any ammo.
- Beware, if the player crouches and looks down while the chainsaw is active, he/she may be damaged.
- In Croatian "Pila" (pronounced "peelah") means saw, hence the name.
- The Serious Sam 2 P-Lah chainsaw's model shares simulaties with the Sprial of Death from the Ratchet & Clank game, A Crack in Time.
- In The Second Encounter when you pick up the chainsaw at the beginning of The Citadel Sam says:"I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay", this is a references to the Monty Python sketch, the lumberjack song.
- The Circular Saw from Serious Sam 2 is also mounted on the Beheaded Rocketeer's neck in Serious Sam HD.
Serious Sam 1Edit
Serious Sam 2 pre-releaseEdit
Serious Sam 2Edit