The Phoenix Bomber is a large flying enemy which appears in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
The Phoenix Bomber is a very large bird that flies overhead and throws large fireballs at their target. They were originally the children of Zhurong, the god of fire, but were taken by Mental and bred into a very important and powerful unit in his air force.
The Bomber has only one attack: throwing large and explosive fireballs at their targets.
- Constantly moving in one direction is usually enough to avoid the Phoenix Bomber's attacks.
- Remember that the Bomber's fireballs have a splash damage radius, meaning that the player can still be harmed if they're near where the fireballs explode.
- The Phoenix Bomber's attacks are quite powerful, which means that player should target them first in a firefight before they too much damage.
- It takes Bombers a few seconds to get to where the player, giving them a prime opportunity to inflict damage before the Bomber starts dropping his fireballs.
- The XM4000 Minigun and RAPTOR Sniper Rifle are very effective against the Phoenix Bomber. Their bullets will instantly hit the Phoenix Bomber no matter how high up it is. Projectile-based weapons, such as the XPML4000 Rocket Launcher, take too long for their projectiles to hit the Phoenix Bomber because of how high up it is.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: Next Encounter (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)