A Reeban Electro-Fish is an aquatic piranha-like animal from the planet Reeb. When it spots an enemy, it fires a bolt of electricity from the light attached to its head. The bolt will disorient the enemy upon contact, making it somewhat hard to hit the Electro-Fish for a second or two.
This makes the Electro-Fish very dangerous in groups, as a constant barrage of lightning will constantly disorient Sam, making it difficult for the player to fight back without losing a lot of health/armor, especially in higher difficulties. They are not as common as other enemies, only appearing wherever there is water, though they are common in the Sewers level, where a big Electro-Fish also appears. Large Electro-Fishes also appear in The City of the Gods in the secret yard of strange heads.
- Electro-Fishes can attack the player even if they are on the ground, if the player is very close to an Electro-Fish.
- If an Electro-Fish stays on the ground for too long, it will eventually die.
- Both single Electro-Fish and groups of Electro-Fish can easily be taken out with the M1A2 Thompson. Its rate of fire allows the player to quickly eliminate them without wasting ammo.
- Single Electro-Fish can be taken out with the 12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotgun with ease. It usually takes about one or two shots to kill an Electro-Fish with it.
- If a few Electro-Fishes are grouped together, a rocket or grenade can eliminate the entire group in one hit.