|Maximum Ammunition held||
60 (Tourist, Easy, Serious) 30 (Normal, Hard, Mental, Serious Sam 2)
"Look at the size of that thing!"
~ Sam commenting about the SBC Cannon.
- Weapon: SBC Cannon
- Ammo: HP uranium-filled cannonballs
- ROF: variable
This is the most powerful infantry weapon available to federation forces. Its firing mechanism and barrel were not designed by human scientists, but reverse-engineered from powerful techno magical weapons used by Mental 's artillery. The design of the weapon allows for firing very heavy rounds at high speed to provide for an excellent penetration effect.
Loaded with high piercing uranium-filled cannonballs, it can even drill through several tough opponents in a row.
- Military experts claim that the lead casing used on the cannonballs completely eliminates potential hazards for the operator caused by the uranium filling
- Uranium caused hazards to the target are not held important, considering the purpose of the device
AMMO: HP Uranium-filled cannonballs
RATE OF FIRE: Variable
This is the most powerful infantry weapon available to federation forces. Its firing mechanism and barrel were not designed by human scientists, but reverse-engineered from powerful techno magical weapons used by Mental's artillery. The design of the weapon allows for firing very heavy rounds at high speed to provide for an excellent penetration effect. Loaded with high piercing uranium-filled cannonballs, skilled users can bowl over several tough opponents in a row.
"SBC Cannon is a special weapon designed to fire very heavy rounds at high speed providing an excellent penetration effect. Its firing mechanism and barrel were not designed by human scientists, but reverse-engineered from powerful techno-magical weapons used by Mental's artillery".
The SBC Cannon, a weapon reverse engineered from the techno-magical weaponry utilized by Mental's forces, fires a high-powered projectile with extreme piercing capabilities. This makes it very useful for taking down very powerful enemies with a single cannonball and multiple weaker enemies when they are lined up. The SBC Cannon functions identically in virtually all its appearances: it can attain various levels of power and speed depending on how long it is charged, low power shots are still capable of piercing through multiple enemies, and dealing heavy damage to stronger ones.
Behind the scenesEdit
Back in the early alpha phases of the game, Sam was supposed to light the cannon's fuse with a torch, then the cannon would charge and shoot out a really powerful cannonball. Files of the early Cannon exist in the leaked Serious Sam Evaluation Publisher build, even though the Cannon wasn't usable in the build because it wasn't yet finished, although you can pick it up as well as its ammo but you can't select it.
Alternate ammo for the Cannon called the Nukeball existed at one time. According to its code, it would essentially be a more powerful version of the regular cannonball fired by the Cannon. Since the regular cannonball is already ridiculously powerful when charged up, it was probably removed for redundancy.
Its texture is in the final game's files and is an alternate skin for the regular cannonball model. Although in Test 1 it was supposed to be the regular cannon ammo and the Cannon's ammo icon was supposed to be like the model (not 1 cannonball), there were supposed to be 3 cannonballs on the ammo HUD icon.
- An uncharged shot will instantly kill almost any of weaker enemies and so is particularly effective against Sirian Werebulls or Kleer Skeletons as a last resort.
- A fully charged shot will virtually kill any enemy in the game but bosses and is useful in quickly disposing off highly threatening enemies such as Bio-Mechanoid Majors or Fiendian Reptiloid Demons from a great range.
- The Cannon can be used to dispose of Alduran Reptiloid Highlanders with high speed and low risk as it takes only a few shots (a few more to kill a Highlander's Bride however).
- Its piercing abilities make it a fantastic choice when dealing with excessive amounts of Sirian Werebulls and Cucurbito the Pumpkins, as they commonly line up behind each other.
- A cannonball loses some of its speed when hitting the ground in the first game. It is recommended to aim slightly upwards because of that.
- When aiming at stronger enemies, it is useful to make sure that a few weaker enemies also get in the cannonball's path. This reduces weapon switching.
The First Encounter HDEdit
|Name and Icon||Description||Notes|
|Cannon Expert||Pierce 10 enemies with a single Cannonball.||-|
The Second Encounter HDEdit
|Name and Icon||Description||Notes|
|Balls of Steel||Find all 3 Cannons in Teotihuacan - The City of the Gods.||-|
|Bone Crusher||Kill 300 Kleers with the Cannon.||-|
- In top-down bullet hell shooter Enter The Gungeon you can find a weapon called the Serious Cannon, which is a direct reference to the SBC Cannon.
Serious Sam 1 Edit
Serious Sam 2Edit
Serious Sam 3Edit