The Schofield .45 is a replica of the Smith & Wesson Model 3, which was a revolver produced by Smith & Wesson, and used in service from 1870 to 1915. It has been modified to fire more accurate bullets, and is also equipped with a techno-magical ammunition replenisher, giving it unlimited ammunition, though it is not particularly useful in some combat situations due to its low rate of fire and damage output.
The Schofield .45, along with the Military Knife, are the weapons the player spawns with when they either start a new game or respawn in Deathmatch. Sam calls them "Smith" and "Wesson" in Serious Sam: The First Encounter.
The Schofield fires one round every time the fire key is pressed. This round is perfectly accurate. It is automatically reloaded after six shots are fired. The Schofield is the only weapon in Serious Sam 1 that can be dual-wielded. When it is dual-wielded, it fires two shots every time the fire key is pressed and each Schofield is automatically reloaded after firing six shots. Rounds fired by dual-Schofields are perfectly accurate as well.
The Schofield's magazine is replenished if the player switches to another weapon (does not apply to Serious Sam Fusion). If the player has dual Schofields, they can switch to a single Schofield by hitting the “2” key.
- Weapon: Shofield .45 w/ TMAR
- Ammo: .45 Colt
- ROF: single action, manual reloading
- Magazine: 6 bullets + TMAR
- Weight: 2 lbs, 5 oz
- Length: 12 3/4"
Replica of original 1875 Shofield cavalry model, modified for increased accuracy. A solid and reliable weapon, but normally not very efficient for combat situations due to its low rate of fire. This one is fitted with a small Techno-Magical Ammunition Replenisher (TMAR) captured from Mental's forces to provide infinite ammunition supply. Useful as a last-resort defence and for elimination of weaker enemies at long range.
- Can be used in combination with NETRICSA's target detection system for accurate long range shooting
- When using the Schofield, the player should remember to switch to another weapon, then quickly switch back to the Schofield right before firing six rounds; swapping from and to the Schofield is faster than the reload animation. This does not apply in Serious Sam Fusion.
- The Schofield is very effective against weak enemies, such as Beheaded Rocketeers, Beheaded Kamikazes and Zorg Mercenaries. It usually takes about two or so shots to down one of those enemies.
- The Schofield makes for an excellent long-range weapon, especially in The First Encounter, which has no dedicated long-range weapon. With enough time, the Schofields can be used to kill even the most powerful enemies that are at long range, though this can be rather time-consuming, depending on how much health the enemy has.
- The Schofield's perfect accuracy makes it a great weapon for picking off Scythian Witch Harpies at long range. This can be very helpful for players who have a low amount of bullets for the M1A2 Thompson or XM214-A Minigun.
- The Schofield is very effective when paired with the RAPTOR Sniper Rifle. The player can whittle down a long range enemy until its health is at red, then finish off the enemy with the Schofield. This lets the player preserve RAPTOR ammunition.
Serious Sam FusionEdit
|Pull out a single Colt and immediately deliver a killing shot.|