"Yeah I'd be mad too if I couldn't see my own junk."
~ Sam Stone
The Scrapjack or Scrapjack Rocketeer is an enemy that appears in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
They start to appear from the level Unearthing the Sun. They're usually present one to few at a time, although there can be more in the final level. They mainly serve a role of giving support to the main attacking force.
"Conveniently named "scrapjacks" they are low-grade models of Mental's forces, created from sewn-together parts salvaged from KIA units of various other models. This particular variant carries two rocket launchers. If left unattended, they are dangerous because of their firepower.They are not built very sturdily so they can be disposed of easily. With three selectable heads to choose from depending on the situation, it can exhibit different behaviors. Ranging from bland attacking to berserking rage."
Attacks and statsEdit
Scrapjacks are strong enough to survive multiple direct rockets, but can still be easily dispatched at a distance with concentrated fire from an assault rifle, and even more easily eliminated by detonating a single block of C-4 Explosive that has been attached to their torso.
Their firing patterns are very similar to the Zumb'ul, a Scrapjack will fire a rocket where the player currently is, and another where the Scrapjack predicts where the player's estimated direction is. The Scrapjack also has a "berserk" mode when it has been damaged enough. In this phase, the Scrapjack will rapidly fire missiles in a much faster, and longer succession just as accurately as regular attacking. Scrapjacks also have a strong melee attack if the player gets too close.
Unlike most enemies, the Scrapjack can only be executed with a melee attack if it becomes stunned under heavy fire from various weaponry. Not all weapons will stun the Scrapjack, However, stronger ones such as the AS-24 Devastator and the Rocket Launcher will always stun the Scrapjack under consistent fire. A special melee attack against the Scrapjack consists of the player ripping off the head of a Scrapjack, which is then followed by a kiss on the resulting trophy the player is left with.
- Scrapjacks are slow and the player cannot dodge the rockets easily. The Rocket Launcher is one of the main ways to take Scrapjacks down. The AS-24 Devastator is an option when there are more enemies.
- The Minigun works good against a Scrapjack. If you don't have the Minigun, the Assault Rifle also works, but it depletes ammunition quickly.
- Lone Scrapjacks can be taken out with a single well-placed explosive or Sirian Mutilator. Scrapjacks can pull the player closer to them once when using a Sirian Mutilator.
- With other enemies, Scrapjacks are medium-priority targets. Their projectiles can be dodged with relative ease but it can prove quite difficult when there are many of them onscreen. At close range, their target priority is higher as it is hard to dodge their projectiles at close range.
The below list shows how many of this enemy type appears in each game, per difficulty and either single or co-op mode.
|Games||Tourist, Easy and Normal Single Player||Hard and Mental single player||Serious Difficulty single player||Tourist, Easy and Normal Co-op||Hard and Mental Co-Op||Serious Co-Op|
|Serious Sam 3: BFE||103||112||112||115||125||125|
|Name and Icon||Description||Notes|
|Load of Scrap||Rip Scrapjack's head off.||Damage him for 60% of his life in less than 10 seconds to get him stunned, then walk up to him and rip his head off.|
|Useful Trophy||Kill an enemy with a gib torn from another enemy.||The trophy can be either a Gnaar eye, Rocketeer heart, Kleer head or Scrapjack's face. A torn gib deals 15 damage when launched, so, it is best used on a rocketeer after shooting them with the Pistol.|
|Kung-fu Fighter||Perform all possible finishing moves in the game.||Rip a Gnaar's eye out, a Rocketeer's heart out, a Kleer's head off, a Scrapjack's face off, a Juvenile Spider's head off and squash a Hatchling Spider and break a Soldier's neck.|
- The Scrapjack looks and behaves much like the Mancubus enemy from Doom II and Doom 3.
- Also similarly to the Mancubus in Doom II, the Scrapjack's rockets can sometimes clip through walls, hitting the player even if the Scrapjack is on the other side of a solid barrier. This usually happens in areas where the Scrapjack is close to a wall.
- Scrapjacks are one of the few enemies to tauntingly laugh when the player dies around them.
- Scrapjack's rocket launcher resemblance to the Major Biomechanoid Rocket Launcher.
- You cannot rip the Scrapjack's head off on Tourist difficulty, because their health is too low for them to be stunned.