"Awwww, momma's little man's all grown up."
~ Sam mocking the Scrapjack Boss.
Raahloom is the final boss in Jewel of the Nile.
Raahloom is a huge Scrapjack with greyish skin. He holds a large hammer with his right hand, while his left arm has a cannon on it. In addition, he has a very large amount of health, making it very difficult to kill him.
He has two attacks. When a target is away from him, will fire a volley of five or so cannonballs at the player. These cannonballs are powerful enough that can kill someone with 100 armor and health in one hit. If the target he's focusing on is near him, he'll raise his hammer. While his hammer is in the air, he'll be charging it up. As soon as it's done charging, it'll flash and a “swish” sound will play. A few seconds later, he'll smash the ground with his hammer, which will release a very powerful shockwave that can do a good amount of damage even if someone is at the edge of the shockwave's reach. Anyone close to the site of impact will take a huge amount of damage, if not be killed in one shot.
- Raahloom has a ton of health, so it's best to use almost everything on him as soon as possible. Every little bit helps.
- The key to defeating the Monster is to toss a large amount of C-4 Demolition Charges near him, then blow them up. Five or more C-4 charges blown up near him at once can do a good amount of damage to him. There are several C-4 Ammo Crates scattered throughout the arena, so getting more ammo is easy.
- In order to make a large pile of C-4 charges, the player needs to get close to the Boss. However, this is dangerous, as it trigger's the Monster's melee attack. To get around this, run up and get close to the Monster (but not next to him) and start tossing C-4 charges until you hear a “swish” sound. That means the monster's hammer is done charging up and he's ready to strike with his hammer. At this point, run like hell. By the time he strikes, the player will be far enough from him that they'll take no damage.
- The Boss' cannonballs can be dodged by simply strafing in a certain direction.
- Cover is useless in this fight, as the Boss' cannonballs will destroy any building or column in the arena.
- It's a good idea to keep some ammo for the M29 Infantry Assault Rifle or XL2 Lasergun while fighting the Monster, as Beheaded Kamikazes and Kleer Skeletons will appear in the early part of the battle. The Assault Rifle can quickly take them out.
- Get just out of range so that he starts to target you with cannonballs. Run towards him while strafing to the side, and he won't be able to hit you with any of them. While he's doing this, Scrapjack Boss won't be able to initiate his hammer attack, giving you ample time to run in close. Once you are close enough to him while weilding C-4, you will see a large C-4 target appear on his belly. Throw a stick of C-4 at the target. His cannonball volley will end, and he will start his hammer attack. Run away and detonate the C-4 charge, and Scrapjack Boss will take a considerable amount of damage. Continue doing this and you should be able to defeat him with little trouble.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- A prototype version of the Boss' hammer attack animation was added to the normal Scrapjack's animation file a few months before Jewel of the Nile was released.
- The Scrapjack Boss does not have a NETRICSA description, making it impossible to see what his in-game name is. Although in the files, it seems that his name is "Raahloom".
- Raahloom has five times more health than Ugh-Zan IV does.