- "Developed by true shooter veterans in Croteam, Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass reignites the classic series by improving on the old-school formula. Enjoy the high-adrenaline action combat with an unbelievably destructive arsenal and experience Sam's iconic enemy-annihilating circle-strafing and backpedaling dance-routine on an even bigger scale."
- ―Game summary
Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass, or Serious Sam 4, is an upcoming first-person shooter game in the Serious Sam series. Currently, no release date has been decided yet. There will be versions for PC (Windows, Linux, Macintosh), PS4 and Xbox One.
It was announced in June 2014 that Croteam was working on Serious Sam 4. To help fund development, Croteam released the Serious Sam Humble Bundle, from which all revenue will go towards game development.
On September 25, 2015, Croteam announced that Jonas and Verena Kyratzes will be writing the story for Serious Sam 4. Later, Jonas Kyratzes wrote on Facebook the following statement in response to a timeline question: "OK, I can officially tell you that Sam 4 is set on Earth, and given what happened to Earth at the end of Sam 3...." indicating that Serious Sam 4 is going to take place before Serious Sam 3: BFE, during the war. This statement was later confirmed by Croteam on December 25th, indicating Serious Sam 4 is a prequel to Serious Sam 3.
- "Fight and explore your way through huge environments populated with optional objectives, secrets and deadly ambushes. But, fear not! Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass is still a focused, linear experience you have come to love, and NOT an open-world game."
- ―Game details
As these environments will be hard or time-consuming to traverse on foot, vehicles such as a motorcycle will appear, to make getting around the large maps easier.
The confirmed weapons so far are:
- Desert Eagle
- Assault rifle
- Double shotgun
- Rocket launcher
- Laser rifle
- Sniper rifle
- SBC Cannon
The new weapons are yet to be confirmed.
- "Traversing big environments is no easy task. So get your driving skills ready and jump on a motorcycle, a combine or even a bulletproof popemobile and drive your way through unfortunate enemy pedestrians."
- ―Game details
- Bulletproof popemobile
- Combine harvester (confirmed by Pre-Alpha footage)
- Motorcycle (confirmed by screenshots, Pre-Alpha footage and teaser trailer)
Other gameplay featuresEdit
Sprinting, iron sights and reloading from Serious Sam 3 will return most likely. Sprinting will be an integral part of the gameplay of all future installments, including Serious Sam 4. (Source?) It's also likely that the game will an updated version of the Serious Engine.
It is still unknown if the game will offer brand new features or power-ups.
- "Serious Sam was always about using whatever comes towards you for target practice and this time it's no different. Fight through giant hordes of relentless foes, both those that defined the franchise like Kamikaze and Kleer and those ready to become iconic in the future."
- ―Game details
It is known so far that Serious Sam 4 will include some old faces, but not all classic ones. It has not yet been confirmed if the game will offer new variations of classic enemies. Some enemies from Serious Sam 3 will likely make a return.
Leaked gameplay footage and some screenshots have confirmed that these enemies will be appearing:
- Beheaded Kamikazes
- Cloned Soldiers
- Kleer Skeletons
- Major Bio-mechanoids
- Minor Bio-mechanoids
- Male Gnaars
- Female Gnaars
- Sirian Werebulls
New enemies include:
- The Processed
Serious Sam 4 will include all gamemodes presented in Serious Sam HD and Serious Sam 3. It is not yet decided if there will be new ones. It is possible to include gamemodes, debuted in Serious Sam Revolution, like the Control Zones mode.
Confirmed maps for the Serious Sam 4's versus are Desert Temple, Brkeen Chevap and Little Trouble. It is possible for a few more old maps to be remade, and there will also be new ones. Desert Temple will have CTF.
- ↑ http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/serious-sam-4-planet-badass-release-date-gameplay-3456796
- ↑ http://forums.seriouszone.com/showpost.php?p=1111372&postcount=28
- ↑ http://www.croteam.com/serious-sam-4-cancelled/
- ↑ http://forums.seriouszone.com/showpost.php?p=1112553&postcount=65
- ↑ https://twitter.com/MckKirk/status/1007304086616567808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.forbes.com%2Fsites%2Fjasonevangelho%2F2018%2F06%2F15%2Fseriously-serious-sam-4-pits-you-against-100000-onscreen-enemies%2F
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm-pdXyR2s8