The Sirian Darklord is the final boss in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
The Sirian Darklord is a fusion of a Sirian Mothership's core and the spirit of a elite Sirian guard Warrior. It draws its power directly from the core, and as a result is extremely powerful. Darklords are usually released when a Mothership is under attack. It has enough firepower that it can destroy fleets of spaceships with ease and destroy even planets. The Darklord is able to replace damaged parts of his armor with new parts drawn from the Mothership, allowing it to continue fighting as long as the threat exists. His only weakness is the brief period between when its armor is stripped off and fresh armor is attached to the body, as the Darklord's systems temporary power down its shields to draw the new armor parts in.
The Darklord in Next Encounter is actually piloted by the Evil Serious Sam Clone. He managed to infiltrate the Sirian Mothership and activate the Darklord on his own, most likely to give to Mental. When Serious Sam arrives in the Mothership's core, he takes control of the Darklord in order to get rid of Sam himself.
The Darklord's attack depends on the armor he is using at the time. His left hand will either shoot cannonballs or fireballs, his right arm will fire a large barrage of rockets or lasers and his chest allows him to fire powerful orbs. When he flies over the battlefield with his wings still attached, he will bombard the area with semi-transparent orbs that can do a lot of damage per orb. If he is stripped of all his armor, he will sweep the area while firing a laser from his head.
- Dodging almost all of his attacks requires the player to be strafing away from where he's firing. The exception is his laser attack, which requires the player to jump over the laser.
- His most dangerous attacks are his missile barrage and his orb bombardment attacks. Make sure to strip his missile launcher and wings from him ASAP so that he can't use these attacks.
- The Sirian Power Gun and XM4000 Minigun are the best weapons to use for stripping off his armor. The Power Gun's low ammo usage gives the player plenty of firepower to strip off his armor multiple times before having to pick up more ammo, while the Minigun's high firerate and spread can hit multiple armor parts, but will do less damage than the Power Gun.
- When he gets his armor back, the first parts that should be targeted are his guns/hands, chest and the wing-like shapes on his back. These provide the majority of his firepower, and stripping them from him will make him much less of a threat.
- Dealing damage to him after his armor has been stripped is tricky; his head is quite small, making it difficult to get a good lock on him before he regenerates his armor. The Minigun works well, but generally doesn't do a lot of damage to him before his armor comes back. The RAPTOR Sniper Rifle does an enormous amount of damage per shot, but hitting him is tricky because of the controls, how fast he is and the delay between shots. However, if the player can consistently land Sniper Rifle headshots on him during the brief second or two he is still, he'll go down in no time.
- The Atlanteans that always spawn in should be dealt with if they are getting too close to the player when the player is ready to strip off the Darklord's last piece of armor and attack the head. They can get in the way if they get too close, which is very annoying if the player is trying to headshot the Darklord with a Sniper Rifle.