The Spawner is a mechanical enemy that appears in Serious Sam 2. It is a modified Rollerball designed to spawn in weak enemies. It resembles a Rollerball with mechanical legs, a few pistons and pipes.
Attacks and statsEdit
Aside from spawning enemies, Spawners occasionally shoot fast-moving balls of plasma in an arc in between spawning. The player can be harmed by walking into it as well.
The Spawner is rather durable, being capable of withstanding several rocket shots.
- When facing a Spawner, the player should first clear out the enemies around it. The Spawner cannot replace the enemies fast enough, and the enemies spawned by the Spawner are usually weaker than the ones that were originally around it.
- Charged up SBC Cannon shots can do major damage to the Spawner and kill the enemies in front of it.
- If the player doesn't have a Cannon or has no ammo for it, then the rocket launcher is effective against the Spawner. However, there is a possibility of the Spawner spawning an enemy in front of it, which will take the rocket for the Spawner.
- If the player has low health and cannot easily deal with a Spawner, the Serious Bomb can wipe out the Spawner, the enemies around it and the enemies its spawned in one hit.
- With other enemies, the Spawner should be kept in check by occasionally going over and killing the enemies spawned by it so that it doesn't spawn too many and overwhelm the player.
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam 2 (First appearance) (Non-canonical appearance)