- Not to be confused with the Antaresian Spider.
The Spider is an enemy in Serious Sam 2.
The Spider is a cyborg spider that tosses green projectiles. These projectiles are programmed to intercept the player if the player is strafing in one direction.
Spiders are frequently seen with Big Spiders.
- When facing Spiders, the player should strafe in one direction, then switch directions as soon as they see the Spider fire its projectile. This way, the player will avoid the projectile with ease.
- When facing Spiders, they player should try to keep their distance from them. If the player is close to the Spider and it fires, it can hit the player before the player has a chance to react.
- Groups of Spiders from afar can be taken out with the RAPTOR Sniper Rifle. It can decimate small groups of Spiders before they get close to the player and it can thin out a large group of them before they get close to the player.
- The Rocket Launcher is effective against clustered groups of Spiders. One rocket will kill a Spider and greatly damage the rest of them, making the survivors easy targets.
- Small groups of Spiders can be eliminated with either the Double Shotgun or the Uzi. The Double works best if the Spiders are at close range; otherwise, the player should use the Uzi because of its high rate of fire and good accuracy.
- Large groups of Spiders should be taken out with the XM214-A Minigun. Its rate of fire can easily destroy a large group of Spiders.