The Technopolip is the product of an unknown polyzoic creature when it hijacks an Apache helicopter. The creature itself appears to have unknown origins. However, its ability to hijack mechanical devices suggests that it was tampered with by unknown forces at one point, most likely Mental.
The polyzoic creature is able to repair the vehicle it has hijacked, making it impossible to damage without explosive weapons due to the helicopter's armor and the Technopolip's regenerative abilities (although it doesn't regenerate health in-game at all).
"Polyzooidal cyber-parasites are an obscure species whose origin is not well known, most likely genetically engineered as biological weapon. Such polyzooid consists of a huge number of individual microscopic organisms (zooids) that can reproduce and reconfigure the super-organism as needed. This enables it to quickly adapt to any host machine as needed and to repair damages to the organism itself, or to the host machine, during battle. When attached to an assault helicopter it cannot be defeated by small arms fire due to the helicopter's armor and Technopolip's regenerative abilities."
Two Techopolips can be seen flying by through the roof in the main atrium in the Into the Spider's Nest, but the first one Sam has to fight shows up as a boss in No Place to Hide. Afterwards, it appears sparingly, usually one or two at a time.
Attacks and statsEdit
The Technopolip's only attack is to fire the helicopter's machine gun at a target but during the battle against Ugh-Zan IV, it fires rockets instead of machine gun. At first, the burst of the machine gun has low accuracy, but will become more accurate after a few rounds are fired off. It can only be harmed by explosive weapons, such as the XPML21 Rocket Launcher or AS-24 Devastator. Its AI is advanced enough to avoid slow projectiles. However, it will not move while it is firing the helicopter's machine guns.
- Try to get close to a Technopolip's underside when fighting one. This makes it easier to hit it because doing so closes the distance between the player and the Technopolip and makes it a larger target.
- The best time to hit a Technopolip is when it's still while firing at the player. It cannot dodge projectiles while firing, making it easy to hit it with projectiles.
- When using the XPML21 Rocket Launcher against Technopolips, do not fire while it is moving around. The rocket launcher's rockets are too slow to hit the Technopolip, even when their direction has been compensated.
- The AS-24 Devastator's projectiles are more effective against the Technopolip because of how much faster they are compared to rockets. However, the player still needs to aim ahead of the Technopolip if they want to hit it while it is moving.
- The SBC Cannon works great against Technopolips although only a handful of them are encountered while wielding a cannon.
- If a Technopolip is with other enemies, it should be a high-priority target because of how damaging and accurate its bullets can be, especially in higher difficulty levels. If left unchecked, the Technopolip can easily kill the player while they're not expecting it.
The below list shows how many of this enemy type appears in each game, per difficulty and either single or co-op mode.
|Games||Tourist, Easy and Normal singleplayer||Hard and Mental singleplayer||Serious Difficulty singleplayer||Tourist, Easy and Normal co-op||Hard and Mental co-Op||Serious co-Op|
|Serious Sam 3: BFE||407||407||405||410||410||408|
|Get the hell off my ride!|
|Secure the bird.|
List of appearances Edit
- Serious Sam 3: BFE (First appearance)
- Serious Sam 3 VR: BFE