The Temple Guardian is an enemy in Serious Sam: Next Encounter.
Temple Guardians are statues that have been brought to life by magic. Armed with cannons, they were meant to protect areas such as temples and castles from intruders. However, when Mental arrived at Ancient China, he gained control of them and made them a part of his army.
The Guardian has only one attack; fire a cannonball at the player.
- The Guardian's cannonballs can be dodged simply by strafing in one direction.
- While it is easy to dodge their attacks, the Guardian should not be underestimated. Their cannonballs are quite powerful and can do a good amount of damage to the player if they hit the player.
- The Double-Barrel Shotgun will kill a close-range Guardian in one shot, making it very useful if any Guardians are nearby.
- Groups of Guardians can be wiped out in no time with the XM4000 Minigun. Its high rate of fire will quickly destroy groups of Guardians, as their health is somewhat low.
- Medium or long range Minigun or XPML4000 Rocket Launcher. The Rocket Launcher may seem unusual for killing a long-range Guardian, but Guardians rarely move, making them easy prey for the slow rockets fired by the Rocket Launcher.