Sam arrives at Deir el-Bahari in 1378 B.C. via the Time-Lock at the Temple of Hatshepsut. Sam's first order of business is to get off Earth and head towards Sirius: in order to do this, he must bring the Amon-Ra from Memphis to Thebes. In order to gain access to Thebes however, he must acquire four elements which allow Sam to enter Thebes. The nearest is in the Temple of Thutmose, so Sam must go there.
When the game begins, walk up the ramp. You will encounter a Beheaded Rocketeer. After you kill him, 3 more will follow, but if the weather is still thunder, they will get hit by lightning and get either killed or injured. After they're all dead, another Rocketeer will pass by, and move towards the left hall. You can choose to go to either the left or the right hall. After you're done with either of the halls, walk into the hallway, with the elevator in the middle, grab the Schofield. On higher difficulties, this will spawn a few monsters. Then proceed to the door, where a female Gnaar will attack you. After you kill it, go past the door. (The Schofield is replaced by the Chainsaw in Serious Sam: Xbox)
From the start, turn left or right instead, you will see a hallway. Follow it to its end, you will see a door. Enter it, and you'll be in a hallway with a Beheaded Rocketeer patrolling it. After you kill him, a male Gnaar will attack you. From there, you can use the elevator to instantly go to the hallway with the revolver, near the door inside the temple.
Entering the templeEdit
After the Gnaar fight, you will see a pool. Left and right, there are rows of Extra Small Armor shards. If you pick either of the last 2 armor shards, from either the left or right row, a Beheaded Bomber will appear in the opposite side of the pool. The health bottle between some columns in the right side of the room will cause a Rocketeer to spawn.
After you clear the area, move towards the other room. There, you will see some shotgun shells, armor, and the shotgun. If you pick up the shotgun, monsters will charge at you, from behind and the front. The ones from the front come from the exit door, which you can always get into by jumping on them and into the door, or you can do it the "honest" way, and kill them all. After you kill them all, 1 (or 2, on higher difficulties) Kleer skeletons will appear in front of the door and come charging at you. After you kill it/them, go through the door to finish the level.
Enemy, item and weapon countEdit
|Enemies||Tourist singleplayer||Easy and Normal singleplayer||Hard and Mental singleplayer||Serious Difficulty singleplayer||Tourist co-op||Easy and Normal co-op||Hard and Mental co-op||Serious co-op|
|Extra Small Healths||1|
|Extra Small Armor||15|
|12 Gauge Pump-Action Shotguns||2|
|Double Barrel Coach Guns||1|
|XPML21 Rocket Launchers||1|
- From your starting position, turn right and go towards the hallway. Once you reach it, look right, next to the pillars, there's a second Schofield .45.
- From your starting position, go up the ramp. Then turn right, and jump on the ledge, and walk to the end of the wall, and jump over to the other roof. There's a secret rocket launcher there.
- Opposite of #2, there's some secret rockets on the other side.
- From the top of the ramp, turn right and go straight until you reach the wall. Then, turn left, and go straight forward, until you reach the wall, again. Then, turn left, and reach the other wall. You'll see part of it is differently colored. Touch it to reveal a secret Double Barrel Coach Gun. If you pick it up, a monster will spawn (Gnaar, or Kleer skeleton on higher difficulties.)
- From your starting position, turn around and go down the ramp. When you walk down the ramp, turn right, you'll see a door in the hallway next to the ramp. Touch it, to release the "Croteam fans". At the very bottom of the room where the Croteam fans are, there are some rockets.
- Opposite of #5, but you'll need to shoot that door with the rocket launcher, to release "Croteam". There's some armor and Rockets down the room. The secret #2 is the key to this one.
- From #5 and #6, if you look closely towards the desert, you'll see a tree. Run to it, but when you cross the end of the ramp connected to Hatshepsut, 4 Major Bio-mechanoids will spawn. After you take care of them, go to the tree. There's a secret Super Health, armor and shells there. If you attack the tree with the Military Knife or shoot a rocket at it, several Scythian Witch-Harpies will spawn.
- When you have at least 10 rockets, jump onto the ledge just before secret #3 (left edge of the temple before the rockets). Walk towards the back of the temple until you reach a wall. Circle jump around the wall for an empty platform. At the back of this platform should be some discoloured floor - hit it with 10 rockets and it will break open into an empty pit. In Revolution, opening the pit unlocks the "There used to be an alligator pit here" achievement.