Test 2 is the second public-technology test for Serious Sam: The First Encounter. It was released on December 15th, 2000. It was made to test various graphic cards and multiplayer functions of the game.
Most of the weapons are similar or identical to their final counterparts, with minor differences.
- XL2 Lasergun- While not accessable in the levels, some of its files are within the gro, as mentioned above. The firing sound is the same as the final version's, but the texture of both the weapon and its projectile were different.
- XOP Flamethrower - Its projectile and HUD icon are located within the gro, but it does not appear in the game.
- Ghost Buster - Few model and texture assets for this weapon are within the gro file, but like the Lasergun and Flamethrower it does not appear in the game.
Like the weapons, most enemies are nearly identical to their final counterparts.
- Beheaded Soldiers - They use Test 1 sounds, but other than that they are similar to their final counterparts.
- Major Biomechanoid - Uses different firing sound effects.
- Natively, there are no cheat codes for this version, but you can achieve the same effect by editing the entires of the Game_Startup.scr file under the Scripts folder.
- There is no Mental difficulty, but all the other difficulty levels from the final version exist in this demo.