Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Unearthing the Sun is the seventh level in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
The data that Sam Stone recovered from beneath the Sphinx indicates that two temples in Egypt house enormous generators beneath them that will power the Time-Lock. With "the arrow" on his arm, Sam only needs to get to the Temple of Horus, open the door, and turn it on.
- Turn around — Immediately at the start you can see a pill bottle behind you. If you run up to it a woman giggles and it dashes off further into the desert. When you pick it up the message "Secretjester pills found!" shows up and Beheaded Kamikaze spawn in. Reward: Health +1.
- Near the starting point to the left is a broken wall with some pillars in front of them. There is a small nook at the top of the wall where ammo is hidden. Seen from above, the wall is "T" shaped — the ammo is located at the intersection. While the walls extending from the T are destructible to explosives, the area that the ammo is located on is not. This means that if the walls around it are completely destroyed, the ammo will stay up there and you'll have no way to jump up to reach it. For this reason it's recommended that you either go for the pickup quickly after starting (before heavy fighting takes place), or fight away from the area where it won't get hit by rockets. Reward: 3 Sniper Rifle Rounds.
- Around the wall — Once you get to the wall, head around it to the left, keeping close to the wall to avoid the worm. Grab the weapon. You must head back from here or the worm will get you. Reward: Lasergun.
- In the first building — As soon as you enter the building set in the wall, the first statue on the left has ammo behind it. Blow it up with the Mutilator or a rocket and take the ammo. Reward: Minigun Bullets +100.
- In the crypt — As soon as you drop down, turn around. A health pack is behind you. Reward: Health +25. Message: "Secret found!"
- Collecting keys, up high — When you're getting the four keys for the Sirian door, straight across from the entrance are columns. The rear columns on the left are supporting some ammo; break the columns and collect it. Reward: Cannonballs +4.
- Collecting keys — Left of the column area at the corner of the region are some fallen block columns and palm trees. Behind the column is a health pickup. Reward: Health +50. Message: "Mini secret found!"
- At the temple in the rocks — Behind the temple set inside the rocky walls is armor and ammo. Reward: Armor +10, Electricity +50.
Here are the known ways to break this map:
- If you run around the wall to the right in the large open space after the crypt you can loop back around the map and make it a little ways. If you get on the wall you can head around to the left and skip a bunch of the map. The half-buried structures on the left side are a strange form of semi-safe zone that cause the worm to constantly surface randomly around Sam (sometimes killing him, often not). Unfortunately there is only so far you can go before the distances between buildings becomes too great. If you drop down at the end of the level you can end it right there and the game will act as if the generator were activated.
- After activating the generator, you can jump down to the walkways on the left. You can even climb up onto the generator itself using one of the higher spokes pointing at it. It's possible to get back by sprinting up against the wall, and then jumping back on the platform.
Enemy, item and weapon countEdit
|Enemies||Tourist, Easy and Normal Single Player||Hard, Serious and Mental single player||Serious Difficulty single player||Tourist, Easy and Normal Co-op||Hard and Mental Co-Op||Serious Co-Op|
|Extra Small Healths||130|
|Extra Small Armors||36|
|Extra Large Armors||1|
|Ammo Crates (C4)||2|
|C-4 Demolition Charges||2|
|Assault Rifle Bullet Boxes||23|
|Minigun Bullet Boxes||1|
|Sniper Rifle Bullets||1|