10 (SS1, SS2), 20 (SSHD, SS3BFE)
|Maximum Ammunition held||
500 (Normal and Hard), 999 (Other Difficulties in SS1), 1000 (All Difficulties in SS2)
"If this is a MINI-gun, I wonder what a MAXI-gun is."
~ Sam Stone
- Weapon: XM214-A Mini-gun
- Ammo: 5.56mm bullets
- ROF: 1200 bullets/min
- Weight: 30 lbs
Evolving from the Gatling through Vulcan and M134, XM214-A is latest news in infantry armament. Self-powered and complete with a built-in magazine and a recoil adapter, this is the most powerful personal weapon available.
- Use for short to long range confrontation with tough enemies or mass elimination of a large number of smaller opponents.
- Spends ammunition quickly.
- The Mini-gun fires faster than the M1A2 Thompson and the Uzis, and generally any other weapon, but it also wastes ammo faster than any other weapon.
- There is a delay before firing as the barrels need to spin up to full speed.
- In Serious Sam HD, the Mini-gun fires at a slower rate than previous games, but it now deals double damage per shot, which means it spends less ammo than usually.
- Tap the trigger to keep the Mini-gun ready to fire, but do not attack unless enemies spawn.
- Can be used to kill smaller enemies or wound bigger ones.
- It is one of the best anti-Major Biomechanoid weapons, since you can destroy their rockets fast and wound them even faster. However, it drains ammo very quickly.
- In Serious Sam HD, it can no longer wound Beheaded Soldiers since it deals double damage, which is instant death to them.
- One of the best medium- to long-ranged weapons.
Behind the ScenesEdit
- In Test 1, the Mini-gun had a different model and different sounds.
- The Mini-gun in the classic games and HD is likely based on the real-world XM214 Microgun, a rotary weapon based on the M134 Mini-gun firing 5.56mm rounds. In BFE, the model has been changed to more closely resemble the M134; fittingly, in BFE it has a separate ammo pool from the M29 Infantry Assault Rifle, despite that weapon using the same 5.56mm rounds as the M1-A2 and Uzis of previous games which shared ammo with their respective Mini-guns.