- Weapon: XM214-A Minigun
- Ammo: 5.56mm bullets
- ROF: 1200 bullets/min
- Weight: 30 lbs
Evolving from the Gatling through Vulcan and M134, XM214-A is latest news in infantry armament. Self-powered and complete with a built-in magazine and a recoil adapter, this is the most powerful personal weapon available.
- Use for short to long range confrontation with tough enemies or mass elimination of a large number of smaller opponents.
- Spends ammunition quickly.
The minigun fires faster than the M1A2 Thompson and generally any other weapon, but its ammunition depletes relatively quickly, though there is a delay before firing as the barrels need to spin up to full speed.
In Serious Sam HD, the minigun fires at a slower rate than previous games, but it deals double damage per shot, which means it spends less ammo than usual.
- Tap the trigger to keep the minigun ready to fire, but do not attack unless enemies spawn.
- Can be used to kill smaller enemies or wound bigger ones.
- It is one of the best anti-Major Bio-mechanoid weapons, since you can destroy their rockets fast and wound them even faster. However, it drains ammo very quickly, and it does take a while to kill them, which may distract you when other enemies are attacking you if you concentrate your fire on the Bio-mechanoid rather than on hordes of enemies.
- In Serious Sam HD, it can no longer wound beheaded enemies since it deals double damage, which is instant death to them.
- One of the best medium- to long-ranged weapons.
Behind the scenesEdit
- In Test 1, the minigun had a different model and different sounds.
- The minigun in the classic games and HD is likely based on the real-world XM214 Microgun, a rotary machine gun based on the M134 Minigun that uses 5.56mm rounds.