The XOP Flamethrower is an experimental weapon which uses volatile napalm to fire a constant stream of flame which will hurt anything that touches it. In addition, any enemy that touches it will be set on fire, which will do extra damage to them. The flame from the flamethrower can pierce multiple enemies. However, the flame from the flamethrower has limited range, making it useful only for short range.
The flamethrower is first found in Sierra de Chiappas, and then appears on the first level of every chapter.
- Weapon: XOP Flamethrower
- Ammo: HV Napalm
- ROF: Continuous
- Weight: 20 lbs (empty), 30 lbs (full reservoir)
This experimental weapon uses highly volatile napalm fuel to deliver a jet stream of flesh-penetrating flame. It is very effective for use on large masses, since the stream will engulf even partially hidden enemies. The fact that enemies will burn for a few moments after they've been hit makes this weapon even more effective. One might say that it's a 'FIRE and forget' type of thing.
- Clear large masses of enemies with this weapon
- The XOP flamethrower is extremely useful against Kleers, as it quickly does damage to them, the burning effect it has can kill a Kleer if it managed to survive the fire from the Flamethrower, and most importantly, it can hit multiple Kleers at once. These attributes let the player quickly decimate a group of Kleers. The XOP flamethrower should be the player's main anti-Kleer weapon once obtained. Cucurbito the Pumpkin is also a great target for the flamethrower.
- The flamethrower is also handy against Marsh Hoppers, as it can kill any Hoppers that try to jump in front of the player without it harming the player with its suicidal attack. This makes it quite handy in areas such as the later part of The Citadel, where Kleer Skeletons and Marsh Hoppers will spawn together.
- Groups of other weak enemies, such as Beheaded Rocketeers and Gnaars , can be completely destroyed by this weapon. This makes it useful for when the game sends a large amount of weak enemies at the player in close quarters, such as the end of Ziggurat or Land of the Damned. It also makes fights against huge masses of Beheaded Kamikaze notably easier in the same way, without needing to use other long ranged rapid-firing weapons.
- The flamethrower is not effective against strong enemies, such as the Major Bio-mechanoid or the Common Aludran Reptiloid. It is not damaging enough to quickly harm them and the weapon's range puts the player too close to a powerful enemy, giving them less room to dodge than they would with other weapons.
- For obvious reasons, The Lava Golem is immune to this weapon.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The flamethrower was originally going to be in Serious Sam: The First Encounter, but was removed before the game was released. An icon for its ammo can still be found in the game's files, and coding for it and its ammo can be found in The First Encounters SDK. Early screenshots for Serious Sam: The Second Encounter show that The Second Encounter Flamethrower used the unused First Encounter icon for it during development, but it was replaced in the final game.
Serious Sam HD: The Second EncounterEdit
|Burn baby, burn|
|Burn 500 enemies to death.|
Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter (Fusion) Edit
|Use the Flamethrower on a Lava Golem.|
Serious Sam HDEdit
List of appearancesEdit
- Serious Sam: The First Encounter (First appearance) (Game files only)
- Serious Sam: The Second Encounter
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter