|XPML21 Rocket Launcher|
100 (direct implact) + 0-50 (explosion radius damage)
|Maximum Ammunition held||
50 (Normal and Hard), 100 (other difficulties)
~ Sam Stone
The XPML21 Rocket Launcher fires a single rocket every time the fire key is pressed. Rockets will continue to be fired if the player holds down the fire key. When the fire key is held down, the Rocket Launcher has a high rate of fire. Rockets fired by the Rocket Launcher will go straight until they hit something. They are quite slow however.
- Weapon: XPML21 Rocket Launcher
- Ammo: 150mm Inferno Missile
- ROF: 85 missiles/min
Experimental missile launcher XPML21 is designed to provide infantry forces with a fast firing rate of fire anti-armor rockets. Fires high speed unguided self-propeled Inferno missiles.
- Efficient against armored opponents and large masses of weak forces
- Do not fire near close obstacles
- The Rocket Launcher is very useful against strong enemies, such as Adult Arachnoids and Major Biomechanoids. It usually takes around five or so rockets to kill such enemies, and because it has a fairly fast rate of fire, getting that amount of rockets into the air quickly is easy.
- Groups of weak enemies, such as the Beheaded Rocketeer can easily be destroyed with this weapon. A rocket that targets the center of the group usually does the most damage because the splash damage from the rocket hits everybody around the victim, which is usually the rest of the group.
- The Rocket's slow speed makes it impractical to use at long range. However, if a target is too far away for a charged MK III Grenade Launcher shot to reach it, a volley of rockets will work, but it will take some time for the rockets to reach their destination.
- The Rocket Launcher is not recommended against fast enemies that move left and right often, such as zig-zagging Kleer Skeletons. The rocket's rather slow speed makes it very possible for the fast enemy to go past the rocket before it hits.
- This weapon can be dangerous to use against enemies that try to get close to the player, such as Marsh Hoppers, if the player isn't careful. If an enemy gets close to the player while the player is firing or just after a rocket has been fired, the player will suffer significant damage because of the splash damage from the rocket.
The Second Encounter HDEdit
|Name and Icon||Description||Notes|
|Rocket Man||Find all 3 Rocket Launchers in Palenque - Sierra de Chiapas.||-|
Behind the scenesEdit
- In Test 1 and beta screenshots, the XPML21 Rocket Launcher had a completely different model (as seen in the gallery).
See also Edit
XPML21 Rocket Launcher (SS3) - The Serious Sam 3: BFE equivalent of this weapon.