|XPML21 Rocket Launcher|
100 (direct impact) + 0-50 (explosion radius damage)
|Maximum Ammunition held||
50 (Normal, Hard, Serious, and Mental), 75 (Tourist and Easy)
"Who needs a vacation when you've got a rocket launcher?" ~ Sam
The XPML21 Rocket Launcher is a weapon in Serious Sam 3: BFE.
"Experimental personal missile launcher XPML21 is designed to provide infantry forces with a fast firing rate of anti-armor rockets. Advanced loading mechanism fires up to 85 missiles/min. High-speed unguided self-propelled 150mm inferno missiles are efficient against armored opponents and large masses of weak forces. Do not fire near close obstacles."
The rocket launcher is designed to provide infantry forces with a fast firing rate of anti-armor rockets. It's advanced loading mechanism fires up to 85 unguided self-propelled 150mm Inferno rockets per minute. Behavior-wise, it is similar to it's classic counterpart, as it fires slow rockets at a decent rate of fire without having to be reloaded.
- The Rocket Launcher is useful for clearing out groups of weak enemies quickly, such as hordes of Kleers and Juvenile Antaresian Spiders. The explosion radius damage can kill multiple weak enemies in one shot. To maximize it's effect, a rocket should be aimed at an enemy towards the middle of the group if possible. The explosion from the rocket hitting the enemy will hit all of his buddies around him, doing more damage than a rocket to the first enemy in the group would do.
- It is also handy against larger enemies, such as the Adult Arachnoid and Scrapjack. It does enough damage that it can kill them after a few shots, and it's decent rate of fire and 100% projectiles ensures that it'll consistently hit enemies at any range.
- It is a good jack-of-all-trades weapon later in the game. It does a high amount of damage per shot (especially if the rocket makes a direct impact), has a good rate of fire, and most importantly, its ammo is common thanks to Ammo Crates. These make it very effective against any enemy the game throws at the player in the last few levels.
- It is the "weakest" out of all the weapons that can damage certain bosses, such as the Technopolip or the Khnum. It has a slower projectile speed than the AS-24 Devastator and does less damage than the C-4 Demolition Charge. However, it has a consistent rate of fire, which lets the player constantly damage the enemy without needing to be reloaded.
- In Serious Sam 3 BFE, the rocket launcher causes knockback at certain angles even on Tourist difficulty where no damage or knockback is normally expected. This can be exploited to make long-range jumps (for speedruns). This is fixed in Serious Sam Fusion.